Mr. Haxwell · 1058632

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5225 on: July 24, 2013, 02:35:46 AM
Considering that the smartest AI we have is that of a toddler, that's pretty good.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5226 on: July 24, 2013, 02:44:54 AM
And then, before you know it, Sky(pe)net will take over.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #5227 on: July 24, 2013, 03:17:07 AM
Imagine if you had a helper bot.
But every hour or so it has to play an ad.
If you walk away it just follows you.
Also it doesnt clean windows.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5228 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:29 AM
That isn't being helpful... D:

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5229 on: July 24, 2013, 03:23:38 AM
Imagine if you had a helper bot.
But every hour or so it has to play an ad.
If you walk away it just follows you.
Also it doesnt clean windows.

I'd want to run.

So I'd drive away from it, and lock the doors so it couldn't jump in my car.

But it would have some way to track me, wouldn't it. It would not rest, It wouldn't stop chasing me, And soon enough it would find me, and when that happens it would help me until I was dead.

Scary thought.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #5230 on: July 24, 2013, 12:49:23 PM
Hahaha.
I just think about all the inventions we make to try to make life easier seem to become more irritating than helpful.
Cars break down way too often, computers crash too hard and dishwashers either dont clean your dishes all the way or you have to pre clean it.
I mean isnt the point of having a dishwasher NOT having to wash your dishes by hand?!
Also i imagine robots would be lke cars with constant maintenance and part failures.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #5231 on: July 24, 2013, 01:30:37 PM
I wish someone would [tornado fang]ing create an AI like Aura:

She would mantain your internetz and make sure everything is fine.

Where's the Harald Hoerwick of our world? GODDAMMIT!

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #5232 on: July 24, 2013, 03:10:16 PM

The perfect AI to live with.

Fear me.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #5233 on: July 24, 2013, 05:51:42 PM

Ahaha, oh my

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #5234 on: July 24, 2013, 06:00:31 PM
Struggled to find my gloves. Just happens to be in the bag, I use to go to my eldest sisters workplace.

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5235 on: July 24, 2013, 06:07:36 PM
So, there's this. Discuss.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5236 on: July 24, 2013, 06:25:58 PM
I... I tried, really, but wall'o'text.

I am also very open about assisting and providing advice for newcomers to the fan game community (which I am known for doing in the mega man fan community outside of RockmanPM).
it was a real tussle to get onto this board as I had to apply maybe 3-4 times before my account was actually approved
Clearly, the staff were meant to know who he was when he registered, well, two years ago.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5237 on: July 24, 2013, 06:36:31 PM
So, there's this. Discuss.

Yeah, I'm just going to say that he's got a bit of an ego on him.

Also that while I don't speak for everyone, I personally am sick of people signing up to just plug their game or spew praise/comments/whatever towards people's fangames.

I probably wouldn't even mind so much if everything wasn't 8-bit, I mean personally I got sick of the 8-bit games starting with 5, 6 wasn't that great either.

it is clear there is a lot of jealous people on this site, in all modesty.

Oh yeah I'm soo jealous of your life that you just now talk about like its common knowledge. [tornado fang]ing prick.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5238 on: July 24, 2013, 06:40:40 PM
Honestly, he's not wrong.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5239 on: July 24, 2013, 06:47:37 PM
In terms of approving accounts, if I get one hit on any of the sites I use to check IPs and e-mail addresses, I won't approve that account.  Many legitimate accounts are rejected due to that.  This isn't an exact science and I'm still learning how to better spot bots, and two years ago, I wasn't as good at it.  So, I take the blame for that.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5240 on: July 24, 2013, 06:55:31 PM
For reference.

then when I introduced myself on the board I found I was insulted immediately by somebody I didn't even know (which is an obvious turn off to posting if you are known in a community to only get blasted by some set of people that just need to 'get a life')

Out of the five people that posted after him (Ruri, some long-gone poster by the name of slayer, Bueno, Blackhook, and Rep)

The only one that could really be considered an insult directly pointed at him is Ruri's post.

Quote from: Ruri
Considering from what I've gathered from this site's fangame section, around 90% of the people who make them are complete morons. So I honestly can't see being 'referred to as a mentor on the subject' as much of a big deal.

Well, you seem beyond bringing over dA drama no one cares about over. So have fun.

And really, Its [tornado fang]ing Ruri. He does this with everybody.

I love how he says 'somebody I didn't even know', like he knew people here beforehand.

[spoiler= Just a minor nitpick]For somebody who claims to be a scientist or whatever he is absolutely terrible at formatting posts to be easily readable. For fucks sake scientists have to write/type [parasitic bomb] so I don't really see how somebody of that profession could make such painful to read posts. Not that the content of said post is any better since it seems to be a lot of self-gratification and acting as if he's better than us because of his profession or something. (Of course I could be wrong even though I read the thing twice, I could've missed something.)

While he could be right on some of those points, he gets them across in such a smarmy way that makes me want to pull something out of nothing just to make a stink of it because he's getting all fussy over people being rightfully annoyed with people registering to post about fangames.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5241 on: July 24, 2013, 07:14:46 PM
For reference.

Out of the five people that posted after him (Ruri, some long-gone poster by the name of slayer, Bueno, Blackhook, and Rep)

The only one that could really be considered an insult directly pointed at him is Ruri's post.

And really, Its [tornado fang]ing Ruri. He does this with everybody.

I love how he says 'somebody I didn't even know', like he knew people here beforehand.

And that makes it okay?

The point still stands that we have someone who came to our community, introduced himself, and damn near the first thing that happened was he was insulted. It's not exactly the most welcoming thing, no matter who you are. "It's [tornado fang]ing Ruri. He does this with everybody." is not a viable excuse.

Listen, I don't play fangames because I don't like playing those type of games on my computer. But I admire the effort some (not all cause obviously a lot of them go nowhere) put into them. They're putting a lot more effort into them than Capcom is right now. So to actually go into that Megaman Eternal topic and see it delve into what it did is pretty sad, when the more obvious, logical, common sensical, less doucheical thing to do is to simply ignore it if you don't like it. The way this forum works, it will eventually be buried under massive Off The Wall topics anyway, which at this point is the primary focus of this forum now due to the lack of MegaMan stuff.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #5242 on: July 24, 2013, 07:22:18 PM
Amen, Reverend PB.

I never paid attention to those thread myself because of lack of interest.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5243 on: July 24, 2013, 07:22:51 PM
I honestly understand what he's trying to say but at the same time I think he handled it in a very immature way.  Calling us ignorant because we didn't know he had so much on his plate is kind of ignorant in it's self, I mean how were we supposed to know that he's a scientist in the first place, we're not psychics at all.

I do admit that maybe we shouldn't yell at him to try to participate in the other parts in the forum, I know this sort of thing is a commitment, but at the same time if he participated in the forum it would help his game more since we can get to know him as person and support him better, like Suppercut.  

The reason I typically stay away from the Fan Game forum myself is because I honestly find most of the fan games not interesting.  Yes it is mostly the 8 bit thing but more than that most of the fan games I see are mostly clones of the original Megaman.  I fully understand that programming a game is excruciatingly difficult, but most people don't know that or see that, all we see is the result of a lot of testing and at times the end product isn't very satisfying despite the effort put in because it's not innovative.

I will say that I will never say Suppercut is one of those people, what he's trying to achieve is pretty damn ambitious since not only he's making a 16 bit game but he wants to incorperate freaking online co-op connectivity, I mean that's just amazing in its self!  He cares about his project and I want to see that end result, despite that I suck balls at platformers hard, but I still want to try the thing when it's done.    

Chrono X is another one me and my friend are interested in because it's probably the only Battle Network fan game on this forum and it looks better the more I see that.  I haven't looked at Megaman X corrupted yet but I do kind of want to after I'm done with work today to see what's up with that one.

But there is one thing that I see that I don't like and I saw this in a few topics, the fan gamers saying that they want to revive Megaman with their games or something.   The thing is that this will not happen without innovation and about 99.9% of the fan games presented here don't have that, they're just pretty much trying to emulate the classic series and that's not a good thing IMHO.  

I remember when I watched the Brainscratch Comms Megaman playthroughs that after Megaman 4 the Classic series grew stale until Megaman 7 came out, and it's true when you look at 5 and 6 they're [tornado fang]ing boring it's the same thing over and over and over again.  So when I see an 8-bit fan game, no matter how much effort is put in that [sonic slicer], I see it as their nostalgia goggles on too tight since most of those fan games are trying to emulate the old games, and to me that's seriously lazy.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5244 on: July 24, 2013, 07:26:42 PM
Using Ruri as an excuse is moot, because Hitomi may as well have done the same, if things were different.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5245 on: July 24, 2013, 07:28:44 PM
If Ringman and I were still working on the MM Wolf3D engine, it would be advertised in the Fan Games section.  But, we're not.  We're not into fan games that much, either, thus I don't frequent that forum and Ringman doesn't frequent similar.  But, we do appreciate the amount of work that goes into some of them.

While that it would be nice for some of those other members to spread out into the boards, we can't say that we're any better.  The farthest I've gone was the Fan Creations, and the well has pretty much run dry, as all I draw is SW stuff.  The well has also run dry for MM-related topics that I could discuss that haven't already been discussed a million times over.  Capcom simply hasn't given us much to work with.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5246 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:05 PM

Ahaha, oh my

That is pretty weird.

My guess is that he was using two different IPs simultaneously. I didn't get to check, though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5247 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:44 PM
It's understandable because I don't go to most the forum like I used to because I find them all but dead.  

I used to love going to the Megaman section of the forum but now I stay away from there because of lack of Megaman content and whenever a new topic shows up there it's usually something we've already talk about in the past or Flame, Shelly, Zan and a few other people talking in circles.

Same thing with the Fan creations sections, the only people I update stuff are Tron, Gonzo and Quickie, I want more people in the Fan creation topics because I'm only interested in 2 topics there now.

It's sad but that's the reality to me.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5248 on: July 24, 2013, 07:35:03 PM
In an effort to properly get my thoughts across I'll split this reply in two, starting with the latter half.

Listen, I don't play fangames because I don't like playing those type of games on my computer. But I admire the effort some (not all cause obviously a lot of them go nowhere) put into them.

The problem here being that a lot of them go nowhere, hell to be fair I wouldn't be so cynical to fan-games in general if there were less of them but most of them ended up finished or at the very least have had serious effort put into them (And while I don't really like the concept of Unlimited, nor do I really play fangames, I'm happy to see it got finished regardless of the game's shortcomings.), but again the problem is that we have so many that never get finished. And to be fair, I did ignore it at first, I looked at it once, said "Oh, this is just another 8-bit game" and went back to the index. I only came in with my two cents of criticality towards the fangames and people who post only in fangames after the topic had been posted in by somebody else (And to be fair, maybe that wasn't the best course of action.)

And again, while parts of his rebuttal were sound and understandable, the rest just makes him come off like a pompous douche. So it makes it hard to even see his side of things.

But again, maybe the best thing to do would've been to ignore it instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

And that makes it okay?

The point still stands that we have someone who came to our community, introduced himself, and damn near the first thing that happened was he was insulted. It's not exactly the most welcoming thing, no matter who you are. "It's [tornado fang]ing Ruri. He does this with everybody." is not a viable excuse.

I never said it was okay, but I can see where my post is vague in that sense. The excuse for Ruri only really works if you've been here a while and understood how he posted, for a new user it was easy to be caught off-guard by his unique flavor of posting and I can see why he would be insulted.

And I'm guilty with the posting in other areas of the board too. I stay firmly planted in Gaming and Off the Wall because of the lack of Megaman stuff with only occasional venturing out into Fan Creations or even the main Megaman boards and those only when I have something worth posting.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5249 on: July 24, 2013, 07:38:57 PM
But again, maybe the best thing to do would've been to ignore it instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

That is indeed the best thing to do in these fan game situations.