Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1575 on: May 30, 2013, 12:21:08 AM
Ugh.

That's just... not right.

Almost reminds me of that girl who i was somehow acquainted with in High school that had an unhealthy obsession with Yaoi. She did some... strange things. I remember we had a ninja day at school and she went dressed as Emo boy from Orange Jumpsuit Ninja Chronicles. There's being open with your hobby and then there's that.

On a similar note I went out today dressed sort of like the Protagonist from Persona 4 and since that's just normal clothing it was totally fine.
Yeah and she sees us as...inferior when is comes to our love of anime, if that's correct term to describe her attitude.  It's like the smallest little thing she'll debate about or be surprised we don't know about it.  I mean I know my [parasitic bomb] about Pokemon and know more about video games than most people, but not to that obsessive level.  

The first meeting she showed up she criticized the Ex-Librarian for having a shonen or ecchi heavy recommendation list for that week as well as a lack of shojo titles when she hasn't seen the other lists he recommended in the past.  Not to mention insisting for an extended period of time that the full Hare Hare Yukai video had multiple singers even though everyone else, for once, knew for a fact that only Aya Hirano is the one singing.

To make a long story short, she's an unbearable otaku "elitist".

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXuUkZWKrJg[/youtube]

"THAT CHILD IS A SPINNING MURDER TOP!"

I swear that line gets me every [tornado fang]ing time. Love this show so much. Cannot wait for the screening tonight.
I think something's up with the link.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1576 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:13 AM
I'm in need of a lift into town and a refill on my meds.

You won't like me when I run out of my antipsychotic medication.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1577 on: May 30, 2013, 12:31:11 AM
I slept earlier, and woke up earlier...now I'm just doing some random digital painting.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1578 on: May 30, 2013, 12:34:19 AM
Hmmmm yeah the link doesn't work. Weird!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1579 on: May 30, 2013, 12:40:23 AM
As for the anime elitist otaku...  I encounter similar people.  People who claim that they know more than Wookieepedia, and then start talking about the Thrawn Trilogy.

I can assure you that all that you know about the Thrawn Trilogy is definitely not anywhere near "knowing more than Wookieepedia."  The only person who is permitted to know more than Wookieepedia, aside from Lucas himself, is Stephen J. Sansweet.  And I can assure you that Thrawn Trilogy buffs are not Stephen J. Sansweet.

When you claim publicly to "know more than Wookieepedia," you just come off looking like a douche.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #1580 on: May 30, 2013, 12:49:28 AM
This whole conversation reminds of why I dipped out of anime club once more people started to show up. It's ad people like that exist that way.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1581 on: May 30, 2013, 12:49:58 AM
Glad that AVG's license expired, now I can uninstall it and use avast! again. And in case anyone's wonder, I myself did not want to use AVG, it was my brother.

As for the anime elitist otaku...  I encounter similar people.  People who claim that they know more than Wookieepedia, and then start talking about the Thrawn Trilogy.

I can assure you that all that you know about the Thrawn Trilogy is definitely not anywhere near "knowing more than Wookieepedia."  The only person who is permitted to know more than Wookieepedia, aside from Lucas himself, is Stephen J. Sansweet.  And I can assure you that Thrawn Trilogy buffs are not Stephen J. Sansweet.

When you claim publicly to "know more than Wookieepedia," you just come off looking like a douche.
I know.... 8D
[spoiler]Absolutely nothing. :(
At least I'm being honest.[/spoiler]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1582 on: May 30, 2013, 12:51:01 AM
This whole conversation reminds of why I dipped out of anime club once more people started to show up. It's ad people like that exist that way.
Everyone else is cool, it's just her.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1583 on: May 30, 2013, 12:54:38 AM
I need to get something off my chest.
It's been bugging me since that KH "dicussion".
It's not about KH though.

It's about something else.

Under a spoiler, just in case:

[spoiler]
You see, when I finally gave that one last reply about KH, and Mirby promptly ignored it (which might have been the right thing to do) I frankly got angry.

Because my objective in that discussion wasn't any kind of drama.
But what really got to me, was the "KH is pretty emotional topic to me because of my friends".

Because although I know that's probably not what  Mirby  intended through that post, It made me feel very bad about what I was doing.
But then I got pissed.
Because I realized, that's actually a horrible and low thing to say, even if that was not the intention of it.

I basically felt, like by saying that, Mirb just said something along the lines of "I don't care for what you have to say because KH is a very touchy subject to me."

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to demonize Mirby here, no.
This is just me trying to get this off my mind. Last thing I want is drama right now, or causing some kind of grief to her.

And since it happened here, I'll just decided to post it here. Is all.

So anyway.

So then I began writing a post with a response, but then I realized that post might end horribly, so I changed it.
But each time I changed, I still knew it would end in a disaster.
So I just posted that: "Does anybody want to argue with me?!" or whatever post.

But even so, this little thing kept nagging at me.
I dunno if that makes me petty, or am I just more sensitive than I think... but that post by Mirb just made me feel horrible. Both in the way that it was actually something very emotional to her, because of what happend with her friends, and also, because it just seemed like a terrible thing to say in this situation.
Especially since I just wanted to argue, innocently enough, about KH's plot.

I know it wasn't its intention, but it still felt like a bad thing to say at the time. Sorry, Mirb. Forgive me.

Yeah. This would be it. Hate me if you will, but this is just something I had to say, otherwise I think I would explode.[/spoiler]

I feel kinda better now, regardless of the outcome of this.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1584 on: May 30, 2013, 12:55:11 AM
And I ascribe the "knowing more than Wookieepedia" bull hockey to jealousy.  Rabid, seething jealousy.  Rabid, seething, consuming jealousy because I, a Wookieepedian, went to Lucasfilm.

But, then again, such broiling rage and jealousy is also present in our Bureaucrat, who did not go to Lucasfilm. 8D

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #1585 on: May 30, 2013, 12:56:34 AM
Everyone else is cool, it's just her.
Now imagine "her" multiplied by like seven.  X(

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1586 on: May 30, 2013, 12:58:15 AM
Now imagine "her" multiplied by like seven.  X(
Nobody leaves my anime club, they'll always out way those "7".

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1587 on: May 30, 2013, 01:00:20 AM
Actually, just as you triggered an emotional response in your tirade, I was kinda trying to trigger one by mentioning how it's a touchy subject for me. Different emotions targeted, but they were somewhat targeted nonetheless.

And I wasn't mad at you or anything, nothing to truly last at least. Like I said, to each their own. So you think KH is dumb, big whoop. That's your opinion, even if you can be a bit forceful in expressing it at times.

If being forgiven is what you desire, then forgiven you are. Don't worry about it.

I also didn't pursue it because I knew it wasn't worth pursuing; not at the cost of annoying others in the thread, not at the cost of starting something that really came down to a difference of beliefs. Yeah, I'll be honest and say it was kinda hard to ignore, but I knew ignoring it was better in the long run than responding.
though the thought "don't feed the troll" passed through my mind when I was about to respond, which made me not actually respond as I had originally planned

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1588 on: May 30, 2013, 01:03:48 AM
A Starbucks opened in Gettysburg.  I should go there with my iPad and pretend that I'm important.  8D

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1589 on: May 30, 2013, 01:07:21 AM
Actually, just as you triggered an emotional response in your tirade, I was kinda trying to trigger one by mentioning how it's a touchy subject for me. Different emotions targeted, but they were somewhat targeted nonetheless.

And I wasn't mad at you or anything, nothing to truly last at least. Like I said, to each their own. So you think KH is dumb, big whoop. That's your opinion, even if you can be a bit forceful in expressing it at times.

If being forgiven is what you desire, then forgiven you are. Don't worry about it.

I also didn't pursue it because I knew it wasn't worth pursuing; not at the cost of annoying others in the thread, not at the cost of starting something that really came down to a difference of beliefs. Yeah, I'll be honest and say it was kinda hard to ignore, but I knew ignoring it was better in the long run than responding.
though the thought "don't feed the troll" passed through my mind when I was about to respond, which made me not actually respond as I had originally planned

Thanks, Mirb. Though I understand what you mean with annoying others in the thread.
It's certainly not a pretty sight, when a couple of pages are taken by "NO U" kind of posts about Kingdom Hearts of all things.

And yeah, maybe I am kinda forceful. I'll admit.

Sorry again.

I hope we can engage in a discussion about KH someday, that doesn't evolve into... what happened here.

A Starbucks opened in Gettysburg.  I should go there with my iPad and pretend that I'm important.  8D

I do that all the time, as in, I pretend to be important.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1590 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09:55 AM
Thanks, Mirb. Though I understand what you mean with annoying others in the thread.
It's certainly not a pretty sight, when a couple of pages are taken by "NO U" kind of posts about Kingdom Hearts of all things.

And yeah, maybe I am kinda forceful. I'll admit.

Sorry again.

I hope we can engage in a discussion about KH someday, that doesn't evolve into... what happened here.
Actually, it's somewhat thanks to Ruri that I've learned not to do that.

You know, after taking like 10 pages in the old thread being far more self-righteous than I ought to have been. >0<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1591 on: May 30, 2013, 01:16:42 AM
Yeah and she sees us as...inferior when is comes to our love of anime, if that's correct term to describe her attitude.  It's like the smallest little thing she'll debate about or be surprised we don't know about it.  I mean I know my [parasitic bomb] about Pokemon and know more about video games than most people, but not to that obsessive level.  

The first meeting she showed up she criticized the Ex-Librarian for having a shonen or ecchi heavy recommendation list for that week as well as a lack of shojo titles when she hasn't seen the other lists he recommended in the past.  Not to mention insisting for an extended period of time that the full Hare Hare Yukai video had multiple singers even though everyone else, for once, knew for a fact that only Aya Hirano is the one singing.

To make a long story short, she's an unbearable otaku "elitist".

Ugh, elitists regarding anything are [tornado fang]ing douches.

Posted on: May 29, 2013, 06:14:42 PM
Oh man I'm so out of the loop.

I was starting dinner and then... ugh.

I'll make a blog post for it as to not [parasitic bomb] up the thread with my drama.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #1592 on: May 30, 2013, 01:19:02 AM
-hugs both of them- Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwww

Now that everything is made up and people are feeling good, ya know what should go down?
A super. Awesome. TEA PARTY. >BD

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1593 on: May 30, 2013, 01:31:29 AM
I have peppermint tea! 8D

And Earl Grey, but I haven't tried it yet.  I SHOULD HAVE SOME NOW!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1594 on: May 30, 2013, 01:35:05 AM
Well I'm denied from having a purple room, may as well settle for Lapis Lazuli.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #1595 on: May 30, 2013, 01:37:56 AM
I have peppermint tea! 8D

Gingerbread tea as we speak.  [eyebrow]

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #1596 on: May 30, 2013, 01:38:24 AM
Ugh, elitists regarding anything are [tornado fang]ing douches.
I myself am sick of elitists. Ever since that [dark hold] from ninth grade named Peter, and the whole mass of stuck-up nerds-are-bad Facepunch, I've been so sick of them that I find myself nearly incapable of having any sort of ego without immediately having a breakdown about it.

Well I'm denied from having a purple room, may as well settle for Lapis Lazuli.
Purple is an awesome color owob

what

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1597 on: May 30, 2013, 01:53:51 AM

MAKE IT SO!!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1598 on: May 30, 2013, 01:55:21 AM
Drinking some now.

As for a purple room...  I rent, so my walls are white.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1599 on: May 30, 2013, 01:55:38 AM
That last blog post took a lot out of me.

And to think this all started because of [tornado fang]ing hash browns.