Does Buster Plus in X6 not apply to charged shots?

Ladd Spencer · 5539

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
on: April 29, 2019, 09:22:07 PM
I'm doing an unarmored X playthrough of X6, and Nightmare's take one charged shot plus 1 lemon. When I equip Buster Plus, they still take one charge shot and one lemon. The lemons change color from yellow to red, leading me to suspect that Buster Plus only affects the lemons. Does anyone know anythint specific about this?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 10:42:02 PM
Buster Plus only affects regular shots, since I think Charged Shots do the Buster's maximum potential damage anyway.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Parts#Mega_Man_X6_Parts_Charts

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 10:43:29 PM
Some info on the equipable parts is still cryptic to this day, unless you test them some more, since it adds more damage to base power at least, which counts for both X and Zero.

For faster damage (not necessarily highest damage), sometimes a green charge shot is quicker to fire than fully charge ones, that includes fighting against bosses, but it depends on the frequency you shoot out each green charge shot, you will be able to defeat bosses and enemies quicker that way.

Although if you still have a full charged shot stored at any point, that will still deal the most damage, unless you want the damage output to be performed in quick intervals, then green charge shots are viable options too.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 04:52:43 AM
i always thought half charged shots did no difference in damage from regular lemons.

then again i guess it could be different between classic and X

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 06:14:07 AM

Buster Plus does affect charged shots.  HOWEVER, the attack strength of a standard shot is 2, not 1.  Buster Plus boosts by half a buster shot.
This is why it doesn't affect the charged shot's ability to kill a Nightmare.
I just tested with Falcon and unarmored on Xtreme mode (they seemed to have identical charged shot strength).  The regenerating Mantises in Yammark's stage take 2 charged shots + 1 lemon normally.  2 charged alone with Buster Plus.
11 uncharged vs. 8 with Buster Plus.

So, a Nightmare would seem to be 12 health.  Charged normally does 10, Buster Plus charged does 11.  Either way, one shot short.

IIRC, X's charged saber wave effects (not the blade itself) are considered buster attacks, so Buster Plus should affect them.  Not that it's relevant to an unarmored play, but it's why people love putting Buster Plus on Shadow Armor.  The wave is a multi-hit attack and thus gets the boost repeatedly (very noticeable when fighting Sigma's final form).  Zero enjoys a similar effect with his point-blank buster shots.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 07:15:51 AM
BTW, since I was in "damage testing" gear, I took Zero for a spin against the mantises.  I don't have a save handy with part slots open for red, so I have red without, black without, and black with.
Master Saber, not Saber Plus, boosts standard attacks.  Same damage without it whether red or black.
Saber Plus appears to do NOTHING.  I can only assume it's boosting specials and the effect just isn't noticeable because of how strong they are naturally, as I saw no difference between red and black.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 08:22:43 PM
Whew, I was worried this board might be dead. Glad to see y'all replying so fervently and quickly.

So, Hypershell, you're saying Master Saber affects Saber damage? I always thought Master Saber was for learned moves and Saber Plus was for regular Saber attacks.

Also hi Vixy! *waves* I'm glad RPM is still kicking after all these years. It's one one of the best laid out and content full websites from that bygone era of actual fan websites.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 08:26:39 PM
Sorry for the double post:

Zero's Buster is all kinds of weird. How does the damage versus distance work, as well as y'all can tell?

Also, I asked this same question on GameFAQs and was surprised to find some responses there as well.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/516512-mega-man-x6/77680268

This one guy says for Zero Buster Plus will override Saber Plus. Could this be relevant, if true, to your testing, Hypershell?

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention, isn't Saber Plus supposed to be one of the parts included with Black Zero?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:52 PM
We do live on in an unofficial Discord server so I alerted everyone once I saw this topic since I do still occasionally check RPM for activity such as this and update the RP thread.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 10:12:42 PM
Yea I remember y'all enjoying your RPs.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 05:58:14 AM
Hey, while we're on the subject of X6, I thought the healing pads in Inami Temple broke after use, but on my recent playthroughs they can be used repeatedly. Is this because I'm on Xtreme or what? Or is it a Legacy Collection thing?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 06:07:40 AM
I never saw them break from what I saw of my bro playing X6 long ago.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 06:41:57 PM
I swear I vividly remember then breaking because I would skip them sometimes so I could go back and use then after destroying the rain machines. Hmmm. Maybe it's the Mandela Effect.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 10:11:29 AM
What Sakura said, though with the way social media is going maybe I need to pay more attention around here...

ANYWAY, the Buster Plus override is interesting.  I'll have to double check but it's absurdly late here as it is, so that'll be another time.

Zero's Buster is all kinds of weird. How does the damage versus distance work, as well as y'all can tell?
Basically it's a single hit at long range and multi-hit up close.  IIRC a close shot hits 7 times.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 05:04:48 PM
Unarmored X6 run? You absolute madlad

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 05:27:14 PM
I mean considering the other X6 masochists around here you're surprised someone is doing that hell run?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 06:07:04 PM
No I guess. But it's still one of those things that isn't taken lightly!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.