Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1059356

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #19475 on: May 12, 2014, 05:56:35 AM
For me, it depends on the pants.  I tend to wear mens' pants, as they simply fit better.  Women's pants don't fit right, they ride up, they bunch up, and if I get them longer than what I wear, then I end up walking on them and destroying them. 

Granted, shorts require shaving, and my legs are rather pale, but the paleness I can overlook.  Shorts, particularly Bermuda and cargo shorts, are roomier in the crotch and thigh.  They're comfier in that regard, and I can throw them on easier than I can pants, which I'll get my leg caught midway down the pant leg and trip.

Thus, at least for me, shorts are comfy and easy to wear.
Which is why I hate jeans besides the ones that my Abuela just got, seriously women's pants can be pretty bad because we don't have the sizing of pants like men have, just S-XXXL and some "fits".

Plus I live in California and if you don't think shorts are comfy and easy to wear than you'll have a problem when Pre-Summer, Summer and Post-Summer rolls around.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19476 on: May 12, 2014, 06:01:50 AM
I hate, hate, HATE buying women's pants.  I never know my size, and they all have such a small crotch/thigh space.  Even if I buy my size, it's like the pockets are painted on.  I can't shove a phone and a wallet in them!

And don't get me started on skinny jeans! B(  I have muscular legs, and they like to have room to move!  Also, since busting my foot a few years ago, my right ankle doesn't have the range of movement it use to have, so pointing my toes to navigate a skinny pant leg gets problematic.

...Though, I do have a pair of men's super-skinny jeans that fit absolutely perfectly and better than the skinny jeans.  Whatever. 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19477 on: May 12, 2014, 06:04:09 AM
Maybe I should start looking at getting some man pants, just for the pockets.  And yes, the freaking lack of room in the crotch area....just ugh I know that pain so much.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19478 on: May 12, 2014, 06:08:29 AM
It's like clothing manufacturers think women never use pockets.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #19479 on: May 12, 2014, 06:11:05 AM
As much as I love my tight pants it really sucks having useless pockets. I mean even if I'm lucky enough to have them in the first place. I generally wear boot cut jeans with side pockets. Capri pants are a nice middle ground for comfort and style in my books. I hate pocket books and bags so I neeeeed good pockets haha.

Also I'm convinced one day I'll find a shirt that I like, looks good, fits right and is comfortable.

They just want to make us mad.

Maybe I should start looking at getting some man pants, just for the pockets.  And yes, the freaking lack of room in the crotch area....just ugh I know that pain so much.
Old Navy has nice men's jeans. Though they never have my size..

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19480 on: May 12, 2014, 06:13:49 AM
Seriously the pockets aren't even big enough for a iPhone 4S.  They probably think that way since women have purses they can use.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #19481 on: May 12, 2014, 06:21:05 AM
No shorts are comforier, trust me.

The reasons why I said shorts are worse are why I find shorts uncomfortable.

Not in an actual comfort sense but in a self-image sense.

Also with pants I don't have to really worry about hungry insects on my legs. Or ticks.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19482 on: May 12, 2014, 06:24:18 AM
The reasons why I said shorts are worse are why I find shorts uncomfortable.

Not in an actual comfort sense but in a self-image sense.

Also with pants I don't have to really worry about hungry insects on my legs. Or ticks.
And you've seen why other people say that shorts are comfier than pants then you shouldn't say it isn't true just because you don't.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19483 on: May 12, 2014, 06:35:50 AM
I prefer cargo shorts over pants. The key thing is pockets. I need pockets. Glorious, glorious pockets.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #19484 on: May 12, 2014, 06:38:29 AM
Don't know about you but jeans haven't helped my battle against the blood suckers. 'Life finds a way.' Although maybe they just reaaaly want my blood.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19485 on: May 12, 2014, 06:47:19 AM
Don't know about you but jeans haven't helped my battle against the blood suckers. 'Life finds a way.' Although maybe they just reaaaly want my blood.
Yeah Denim is usually not that thick unless it's super thick and super thick Denim is hard to move in.  Not to mention when it rains Denim becomes the worst nightmare because it gets stiff and stuff.  Don't know what you can do about Ticks since I don't deal with them here.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19486 on: May 12, 2014, 06:48:08 AM
I prefer cargo shorts over pants. The key thing is pockets. I need pockets. Glorious, glorious pockets.

Pretty much this statement, for me. Although I don't prefer them by a lot. I still love good ol' jeans.

They probably think your blood tastes like cherries.

Thank you, I'll be here all night.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19487 on: May 12, 2014, 06:49:53 AM
Oh and my Abuela also gave me some great Cargo shorts too.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19488 on: May 12, 2014, 06:56:32 AM
And you've seen why other people say that shorts are comfier than pants then you shouldn't say it isn't true just because you don't.

Fair enough.

I'm just sick of "They're comfy and Easy to wear!" being thrown around when referring to wearing shorts.
But again, that's just me. I'm just a sourpuss.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19489 on: May 12, 2014, 06:59:57 AM
So correct me if I'm wrong, but every Pokemon game after Red/Blue uses some variation of the "shorts are comfy" meme, right?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19490 on: May 12, 2014, 07:01:59 AM
So correct me if I'm wrong, but every Pokemon game after Red/Blue uses some variation of the "shorts are comfy" meme, right?
Yes except for Ruby and Sapphire and maybe Diamon and Pearl I barely remember to be honest but they at least did it in Gen 5.

Now let us continue the talk about the awkwardness between comfort and women's fashion!

Another thing that bugs me is flat shoes that have no arch support, particularly in dress shoes which forces me to wear heels instead.  It freaking sends out a surge of shocking pain when I wore them in Jr. High.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19491 on: May 12, 2014, 07:02:39 AM
I don't know.

I know XY did it though, that game was packed with stupid memes though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19492 on: May 12, 2014, 07:03:51 AM
I don't know.

I know XY did it though, that game was packed with stupid memes though.
Didn't you have a lot of nitpicks with X and Y anyway?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19493 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:05 AM
Yeah, mosquitos will feast on me regardless of what I'm wearing.  Ticks, too.  Though, it is easier to find ticks on my bare legs than my darker jeans!

I should eat something.  I've hardly eaten all day, aside from some snacking here and there and taking a break between Bagged & Boarded portraits to have a quick dinner.

And oh god, women's shoes.  I have long, wide, flat feet at some weird awkward size that is too large for most decent women's shoes and too small for most decent men's shoes.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19494 on: May 12, 2014, 07:10:03 AM
I also have no idea about that breathable mesh I keep finding in tennis shoes, I mean they let water go in like nothing else, can't they at least water proof them a little bit?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19495 on: May 12, 2014, 07:11:47 AM
Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with mosquitos for a looong while. The last time I saw one in the house was a little over a year ago, but it didn't even attack me, surprisingly. Usually, mosquitos linger around and wait for their "prey" (well, I suppose they follow you, too), but this guy just flew around briefly and vanished to who-knows-where.

Otherwise, mosquitos typically love going to my head to feast. I don't know why.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19496 on: May 12, 2014, 07:13:53 AM
I've taken to wearing only Converse sneakers due to their unisex fit and sizing.  Now the problem is I grind down the soles in no time flat.  My current pair is going to need to be replaced before I wear a hole in the heel, like I did with several other pairs.

I had a pair of World Industries shoes, and I wore a hole right through the bottoms in no time.  Converse tend to last longer, oddly.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19497 on: May 12, 2014, 07:21:53 AM
Didn't you have a lot of nitpicks with X and Y anyway?

Yep.

[spoiler= This list is a bit too long]
-I thought the memes were stupid
-I was sick of getting railroaded to the damn plot when I just wanted to get badges
-the pacing was all over the place
-I was annoyed by the side cast
-the music in some places like Lumiose city felt like phoned-in Disney park music
-Mega-Evolution was hampered by the limited pool of monsters.
-Version-Exclusive bullshit extended to the Mega Spheres or whatever, made worse by said items correlating to one of the OPPOSITE versions pokemon, requiring multiple tradeoffs.
-More Trade-evolutions because "Gotta stress that connectivity!"
-Boutique options were far more limited than expected but this is more of a personal thing.
-MEMES MEMES MEMES ARE WE FUNNY YET GUYS
-All the Pokemon bank stuff, with it coming out long after I had stopped playing X sort of killed any enthusiasm to transfer all my 'Mons to my newer games from Emerald up.
[/spoiler]

I mean, there were lots of things that I liked, even loved, but the game was very much a mixed bag to me.

Anyway, what are we talking about now, shoes?

I can't stand lace-up shoes. I've worn black slip-ons exclusively for the past few years now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19498 on: May 12, 2014, 07:24:09 AM
I've taken to wearing only Converse sneakers due to their unisex fit and sizing.  Now the problem is I grind down the soles in no time flat.  My current pair is going to need to be replaced before I wear a hole in the heel, like I did with several other pairs.

I had a pair of World Industries shoes, and I wore a hole right through the bottoms in no time.  Converse tend to last longer, oddly.
I get the feeling that Converse would not be very comfortable to me for some reason.

Also trying a new browser for my tablet called Dolphin, I like it so far and it doesn't do some weird redirect for Youtube videos.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19499 on: May 12, 2014, 07:52:16 AM
My favorite shoes would have to be my toe shoes.  They fit perfectly and are super-comfy.  However, they are not very easy to put on, and man do my feet reek after taking them off! 8D