Sega to Announce a New Shinobi game in 2010?

HokutoNoBen · 1449

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
on: January 05, 2010, 03:10:09 AM
Alright, so this here is an interesting little story in itself.

Around this time last month, the Hip Hop Gamer Show had an episode where the guy claimed that Sega was going to announce a new Shinobi game, using an "improved version" of the Bayonetta engine. (My mind tries to even wrap around that kind of possibility....  8B 8B)

But hey, what does that guy know, right? He hasn't always been a reliable source of information, if nothing else.

However, then the most recent "Four Guys - 1up" podcast had an interview with Constantine Hantzopoulos of Sega of America. The question of this supposed Shinobi game came up again. When queried, Hantzopoulous said..... "No comment".  8D

...And then, at the dawn of the new year - Platinum Games has now put a new countdown on their site.
http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/ (Go take a look! It's PRETTY!  XD)

A lot of people have been thinking that this could be related to Shinji Mikami's game, which has yet to be unveiled. But what if it's this Shinobi game instead? Or maybe... Mikami DIRECTING a Shinobi-Bayonetta love-child?  8B 8B 8B

As some one who loved the 16bit classic Shinobis, as well as the PS2 game...such a thing like this stands to make very happy. Especially if it's true! Stay tuned.

Also, while I'm at it, Bayonetta should be arriving in your neck of the woods by tomorrow, depending upon where you live.

If you have a 360, you already know what it is. GET IT! If you only have a PS3? Well, sure, it's a rather shoddy port, but even in spite of that much, the game is still amazing. STILL GET IT!  XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 06:37:13 AM
Hmmmmm, very interesting indeed.  We shall see.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 06:41:12 PM
Need more Yuzo Koshiro's BGM greatness!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 07:24:37 PM
Will it be a 2D Platformer like Shinobi I-III? Or an action game like Shinobi PS2?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 09:43:49 PM
If the rumours are true, an action game like the PS2 one. If they're actually making one, here's to hoping they've learned from their mistakes on the PS2 one.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 11:42:21 PM
If the rumours are true, an action game like the PS2 one. If they're actually making one, here's to hoping they've learned from their mistakes on the PS2 one.

Nightshade, its sequel, says "holla at yer gurl".  8)

Seriously, most of the quirks that people had a problem with in Shinobi were fixed in Kunoichi. There were checkpoints, and it overall was an easier game. Especially since you didn't HAVE to play as Hotsuma and his nifty-peachy sword that would suck up your soul, if you didn't feed its needs.  8D

Beyond that, reviewers liked to complain about how you had to learn air combos and proper usage of the air dash, in order to progress in the game. Please...just learn your combos, and you LIVE. That's all there is to it! 8D

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 12:59:11 AM
Nightshade, its sequel, says "holla at yer gurl".  8)

Seriously, most of the quirks that people had a problem with in Shinobi were fixed in Kunoichi. There were checkpoints, and it overall was an easier game. Especially since you didn't HAVE to play as Hotsuma and his nifty-peachy sword that would suck up your soul, if you didn't feed its needs.  8D

Beyond that, reviewers liked to complain about how you had to learn air combos and proper usage of the air dash, in order to progress in the game. Please...just learn your combos, and you LIVE. That's all there is to it! 8D
Never got to play the sequel, unfortunately. If this game is actually made, let's hope they stay on track then.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 01:11:38 AM
ninja with a gun - the game.