Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1059778

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #16450 on: February 22, 2014, 02:55:21 AM
Works for me now, took it a while I guess.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16451 on: February 22, 2014, 03:16:25 AM
Spent all day in bed because I'm sick HOORAY!

Who wants my sickness?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #16452 on: February 22, 2014, 03:19:29 AM
*spreads some more*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16453 on: February 22, 2014, 03:21:35 AM
I'm trying to remember last night's fever dream for your entertainment.  I think it involved treasure-hunting, and possibly pirates.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #16454 on: February 22, 2014, 03:27:22 AM
Arrrrrrrr... And I finally restarted my Y-run.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16455 on: February 22, 2014, 05:33:49 AM
My friend is talking about his trip to Lansing so he can go run for Senate.  Let us laugh together. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #16456 on: February 22, 2014, 05:35:28 AM
My friend is talking about his trip to Lansing so he can go run for Senate.  Let us laugh together.
Hahahahahahahahaha! XD

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16457 on: February 22, 2014, 05:43:11 AM

Tidus's laugh

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #16458 on: February 22, 2014, 05:48:24 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I WISH HIM LUCK

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #16459 on: February 22, 2014, 05:58:27 AM
Tidus's laugh
I swear to [parasitic bomb] he sounds like a bird. Like a seagull or some [parasitic bomb].

what

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16460 on: February 22, 2014, 06:15:00 AM
I just grilled him.  But, I couldn't get anymore questions in before he went to bed.  Here:

[spoiler]<TrakNar> What are you touting as your experience?  Why should people choose you?  What can you bring that no one else can?
<Goodwood> Gumption.
<Goodwood> Among other things.
<TrakNar> What are those "other things"?
* Disconnected (Connection reset by peer).
<Goodwood> But how would /you/ spin my inexperience and such to my advantage?
<TrakNar> You never answered my question.  What are those "other things"?
<Goodwood> A big mouth that's willing to say what everyone's thinking and isn't afraid of reprisal.
<TrakNar> Give me some examples. 
<Goodwood> If Israel is acting like a twat, I would say so.
<Goodwood> I'd call out Faux News for their fake reporting and laud the comedians who are providing actual news.
<TrakNar> How will this help, say, the local economy?
<Goodwood> I can bring pressure on certain players to keep them honest.
<TrakNar> How so?
<Goodwood> Make sure they're dealing aboveboard.
<Goodwood> I want to bring back regulations on the real estate market, the stock exchange (no more "derivatives" and other ludicrous schemes) and raise the minimum wage.
<Goodwood> Also I'd raise the cap on payroll taxes.
<TrakNar> All fair and good.  So, what experience can you bring to the table that will help you achieve this?
<Goodwood> I can meet people who are like-minded, rally them to the cause, etc.. I know I've never worked in government itself, but I'm a quick study.
<TrakNar> You realize that your lack of political experience will be a detriment.  Many want to see someone who has at the very least served a county seat, or has school board experience.  What can you bring that will offset your lack of political experience?
<Goodwood> A willingness to listen, to admit when I'm ignorant and ask questions in order to gain knowledge and, thus, experience.
<TrakNar> What will be the first things you will do, should you be elected?
<Goodwood> I'd seek out other Senators who have a proven track record of sharing my values, and pick their brains as much as possible for advice, opinions, opportunities, then formulate partnerships whenever possible.
<Goodwood> Elisabeth Warren of Massachusetts seems like a good one.
<Goodwood> Elizabeth
<TrakNar> What will you do that will help the country, if elected?
<Goodwood> (Also, Bernie Sanders of Vermont seems like another possibility)
<Goodwood> I would muster support for sustainable-energy projects and programs that would encourage and advance the teaching of science and mathmatics.
<TrakNar> How will you handle school budget cuts?  Art and music are often left out in the cold.
<Goodwood> I would expand funding for the Gold Leaf building standards for environmental friendliness.
<Goodwood> If you cut school budgets, you're basically cutting your own economic throat.
<TrakNar> Your solution, then?
<Goodwood> As much as people may hem and haw about it, we have to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans and close the corporate taxation loopholes. Bringing in that much more revenue, we can shunt more federal money into state and local school systems.
<TrakNar> And how do you propose to do that?
<Goodwood> By passing legislation that would raise the tax rate on the top 20% and top 1% to levels at or close to that which they paid during the '50s and '60s.
<Goodwood> During the '50s, which are widely considered to be the time of greatest economic growth in the United States, the top marginal tax rate was 88%
<TrakNar> Now, since this will invariably come up, what is your stance on the inclusion/exclusion of "unger God" in the Pledge?
<Goodwood> Get rid of it. And while you're at it, take "In God We Trust" off the money. Also, eliminate the dollar bill and mandate dollar coins.
<Goodwood> Money will be saved in the latter move.
<TrakNar> Why do you feel that such steps should be taken?
<Goodwood> The money or the God one?
<TrakNar> Both.
<Goodwood> For the former, it's unconstitutional. For the latter, it's a long-term money saver. Dollar coins last exponentially longer in circulation than dollar bills, and are thus more cost-effective to produce (see Canada for an example).
<TrakNar> How will you handle ObamaCare forcing Catholic groups to support birth control, contraception, and abortion, which go against the Catholic church's teachings?
<Goodwood> I think that these Catholic organizations should realize that not all of their members are necessarily Catholic, and thus the law should not make an exception for the beliefs of the organization. To grant that exception is to pave the way for other religious groups to claim similar concessions, when government is not meant to favor any religion at all.
<TrakNar> How will you achieve that?
<Goodwood> I'm sorry, but is there a question there?
<TrakNar> How will you achieve enforcing Obamacare policy on those groups?  You basically said that they would essentially regulate themselves.
<Goodwood> I said that the law should not make an exception for those areas of coverage.
<Goodwood> Unfortunately such debate is out of my hands. I believe that the issue is currently in federal court.
<Goodwood> And it might be heard by the next session of the Supreme Court.
<Goodwood> Anyway, I have to go to bed. Thanks for the grilling.
<TrakNar> You do realize that the Asperger's diagnosis will eventually find its way into the public light as your rivals dig it up.  How do you plan to handle that?
<Goodwood> "So what?"[/spoiler]

Enjoy.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16461 on: February 22, 2014, 06:22:29 AM
So if he wants to eliminate dollar bills and advocate coin only currencies that would mean I can't save an insane amount of money in change that I can then put into a savings account and would have to carry a wallet that will forever poop change because I need something to carry change and cards.

Give him an accordion wallet for Christmas so he can feel my pain on the latter.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16462 on: February 22, 2014, 06:31:55 AM
I think he means actually Dollar Bills, as in singles, not the entire form of paper currency. Canada does have $1 and $2 coins, but their $5, $10, $20 and so on are paper currency. Colorful too, I might add! XD I actually do prefer that currency, just because if they had that here, keeping emergency change for laundry, parking, and bus fare would be a lot easier.

I'll be honest, and not to get too political here cause this is RPM, he answered the majority of the questions pretty well enough. Decent ideas, speaks his mind, and he's honest. More politicians should be like that.

Here's why he has 0% chance of winning.

1. As Quickie told me, he has no job and no previous political experience. He'd could be grilled on that alone and not win.
2. He's an atheist. The "Under God" and "In God We Trust" stuff alone would get him kicked off the ballot even if he wasn't an atheist and actually followed that whole silly "separation of church & state" thingy. But him being an atheist, no matter his policies, is damn near a guaranteed loss.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16463 on: February 22, 2014, 06:33:52 AM
He doesn't have a job, he has absolutely no political experience whatsoever aside from recitation of things other politicians have already said, and he's a militant atheist who is dead-set on staging a one-man battle against religion for reasons known only to himself.  He's also running for the Green Party.  He has no chance.

But man, is it amusing to watch.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16464 on: February 22, 2014, 06:36:40 AM
I think he means actually Dollar Bills, as in singles, not the entire form of paper currency. Canada does have $1 and $2 coins, but their $5, $10, $20 and so on are paper currency. Colorful too, I might add! XD I actually do prefer that currency, just because if they had that here, keeping emergency change for laundry, parking, and bus fare would be a lot easier.

I'll be honest, and not to get too political here cause this is RPM, he answered the majority of the questions pretty well enough. Decent ideas, speaks his mind, and he's honest. More politicians should be like that.

Here's why he has 0% chance of winning.

1. As Quickie told me, he has no job and no previous political experience. He'd could be grilled on that alone and not win.
2. He's an atheist. The "Under God" and "In God We Trust" stuff alone would get him kicked off the ballot even if he wasn't an atheist and actually followed that whole silly "separation of church & state" thingy. But him being an atheist, no matter his policies, is damn near a guaranteed loss.

Oh okay that's fine then I wouldn't mind dollar coins but the answer itself was confusing. I also do agree and I did like some of his answers but with the above problems he has no chance.

He doesn't have a job, he has absolutely no political experience whatsoever aside from recitation of things other politicians have already said, and he's a militant atheist who is dead-set on staging a one-man battle against religion for reasons known only to himself.  He's also running for the Green Party.  He has no chance.

But man, is it amusing to watch.
Yeah that's certainly a problem too.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16465 on: February 22, 2014, 06:41:50 AM
He's not going to last a second.

That's not to say he isn't knowledgeable on the economic state of the country, but simply because he has no proper political background. Even through attempts to influence others in the office, most will just shrug him off; not caring for the suggestions he offers, no matter if it's a practical solution or not.

Also, dollar coins is a terrible idea. People lose coins all the [tornado fang]ing time, and I'm far from the exception. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

In the end, that's a major part of politics. Amending what was once favorable, into something that's suitable for the current era. Dollar coins aren't needed, as the size for something so useful would be way too small.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16466 on: February 22, 2014, 06:47:51 AM
He'll lose based on lack of experience & current joblessness alone.

And I disagree. I love dollar coins. I also love $2 coins as well. I've been to several countries that utilize them and I prefer it so much.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16467 on: February 22, 2014, 06:49:03 AM
Ugh I don't know how to post youtube videos here right. X(

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16468 on: February 22, 2014, 06:51:41 AM
Ugh I don't know how to post youtube videos here right. X(

Just copy and paste the link.

That's it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16469 on: February 22, 2014, 06:52:15 AM
Just copy and paste the link.

That's it.
I figured out what happened, the sinister 's' struck again.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16470 on: February 22, 2014, 06:54:26 AM
Just paste the link.

Tom Hiddleston dancing on Chatty Man |HD|

And there you go!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16471 on: February 22, 2014, 06:55:32 AM
Again it was the fault of the sinister 's'.  I fixed it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16472 on: February 22, 2014, 06:56:17 AM
I saw. I just wanted to post that!  8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod