Mega Man PC Remake Needs a new Lead Designer!

Brahman · 4399

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:52 PM
Hello everyone!

By now, some of you are probably aware that there is a full-fledged remake of the DOS Mega Man games in progress (it has been going on since June '08).  Although there I have been primarily the one working on it, with some great help from a core group of people, I am in need of someone to, as soon as possible, pick up the project for me and carry on the work (and heck, maybe even finish it?).  You see, in January 2010 I will be shipping off for training with the Army National Guard, after which I will be going off to Officer's Candidate School.  With those two events, and additional training and drill requirements, I will probably be away from the project for quite some time.  As such, I don't think it would be fair to put the entire thing on ice until a later date, especially when someone else (with experience) could pick it up and continue with it.

If you are interested in this prospect, you can leave me a message here, reply to this thread, and/or send me an email at: jesseebrownjr@gmail.com

You can check out the project's forums as well at: http://megamanpc.webs.com/apps/forums/

Thank you for you interest!  owob

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:20:57 AM
Hmm......... I'd love to help considering I'm already doing the engine part. Unfortunately, I'm already involved partly helping with MegaPhilX's game. Not to mention I'm a bad level designer, graphics designer anyway. Though it may work if I had the graphics, level layouts done, and robot masters done. But I don't know...... Hard to decide what I want to do. X_X

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:10:46 AM

Game Loaded...

You land with a "Blip," in perfect form. Even though you plummeted from what seemed to be a fatal height, you have suffered no harm. Gazing up at the blue sky from which you fell, you ponder if there is any way to return back. However, the reality of your situation soon becomes clear; there is only one path left for you to take. You find yourself standing before a large metal gate with a "Dr.W" symbol above it. As you draw closer, your circuits begin transmitting a human emotion that you can only describe as "fear." This odd sensation can only mean that you have stumbled upon the resting place of a truly formidable foe. What do you do?

> _

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:16:00 AM

> Genuflect

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 01:22:44 AM
Hmm......... I'd love to help considering I'm already doing the engine part. Unfortunately, I'm already involved partly helping with MegaPhilX's game. Not to mention I'm a bad level designer, graphics designer anyway. Though it may work if I had the graphics, level layouts done, and robot masters done. But I don't know...... Hard to decide what I want to do. X_X

Well, think about it some and get back to me.  If you did pick this project up, you would of course have the support from kind folks like Gauntlet who would, no doubt, be able to help you and give you advice.