[Idea] Mega Man Star Force 4 Transformation system

megagodx · 5874

Offline megagodx

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: August 27, 2009, 11:14:54 PM
Hello everyone! I've been highly addicted to the SF series since the second installment of the series. I thought it would be fun just to fantasize what new sets of transformation should be like in a possible future installment. You're free to criticize and suggest, just please try to be a little lenient with me, lol. I've really tried to put a lot of thought into this.

Star Cross
Similar to Soul Unison from Mega Man Battle Network 4-5. Mega Man can achieve the appearance and abilities with friends who just so happen to be able to EM Wave Change. These transformations can be achieved by fulfilling certain storyline plots. They're a resonation and a representation of the close bonds Geo and those people share, be they friendship or rivalry. The ability to Soul Cross is obtained after fulfilling certain requirements sometime in the events of the game. They last an unlimited amount of turns and will disappear is hit by an elemental advantageous attack. They can be obtained from a drop down selection, similar to that of Mega Man Battle Network 6's Cross system. Star Cross system is a bit different. Each cross gains a secondary attack called a Sub Attack. Sub Attacks can be used 3 times per battle, their power is determined by attack buster level. Some Star Crosses may or may not have also gained some gain different abilities. Noise Force Big Banks have now become Star Big Bangs, special attacks gained by countering viruses at the right time.

Harp Star Cross:

- Type: Electric

- Weakness: Wood

- Charge Shot: Shock Note (10*5 base+5*Atk+1) - Projectile; Paralyzes on contact

- Sub Attack - Shock Box (60 base+10*Atk+1) - 2 Boom boxes on each side,  paralyzes on contact.

- Abilities - Elec+30, No Paralyze

- SBB - Jaming Note (300) - Big note projects 1 row, confuses on contact

Tauros Star Cross:

- Type: Fire

- Weakness: Water

- Charge Shot: Flame Trail (50 base+10*Atk+1) - A rapid straight trail of flames down one row.

- Sub Attack - Nova Tackle (100 base+10*Atk+1) - Flaming straightforward tackle

- Abilities - Fire+40, Super Armor, HP+20%

- SBB - Scorcher (400) - Hits enemy area 3x3

(Note: 20% of your base HP, bonus HP is excluded, absolute maximum HP would be 200 gained with a base of 1000)

Wolf Star Cross:

- Type: Grass

- Weakness: Fire

- Charge Shot: Shock Claw (60 base+20*Atk+1) - Hits 2x3 area (same as SF3)

- Sub Attack - Ripping Claw (100 base+20*Atk+1) - 2 claws swing opposite sides of each other along the sides of the battle grid (like Battle Network 3's boomerang)

- Abilities - Grass+20, Quick Gage, Sword+30

- SBB - Elemental Cyclone (330)

Cancer Star Cross:

- Type: Water

- Weakness: Electric

- Charge Shot: Jet Wave (10*3 base+5*Atk+1) - shoots 3 3x3 waves in a straight line; traps in ice if on ice penl on contact; does not pierce objects

- Sub Attack - Bubble Wrap (25 base*5*Atk+1) - traps in a bubble

- Abilities - Aqua+20, +IcePanel

- SBB - Dyna Wave (100*3 base)

Steel Star Cross:

- Type: Null

- Weakness: Break

- Charge Shot: Buzz Saw (15*3 base+5*Atk+1) - saw strikes in a straight line hitting an enemie 3 times

- Sub Attack: Steel Body (Support) - Become invincible for 7 seconds

- Ability: HP+300, Break+20, Super Armor, Slow Gauge

- SCC: Earth Shaker (150) - Hits all enemies on the field and cracks panels

(Note: Newcomer)

Rogue Star Cross:

- Type: Null

- Weakness: 6 turn expire

- Charge Shot: Energy Fist (80+20*Atk+1) - release a big energy surge in the form of a fist down 1 straight line

- Sub Attack: Barrage (30 base+5*Atk+1) - Zoom over to the nearest enemy and deliver 4 fast punch and kicks

- Abilities: Lock Cancel, Sword+50, Mu Barrier, Buster MAX

(Note: Mu Barrier regenerates once per 4 steps, broken during the remainder of the battle if hit by Break attack)

Star Fusion
This feature will utilize the Brother Band system, allowing you to combine 2 Crosses in order to gain both souls abilities in one form. The Cross you choose to fuse with a Soul you're currently wearing is what will become your Charge Shot, Sub Attack, and elemental type. Mix and match different types of Star Crosses in order to concoct a formidable warrior that works best with your fighting style! Just a reminder though, Rogue Cross CANNOT be fused with any other Star Cross. As you may have noticed, Rogue Cross is considerably beefed up over other individual souls, thus the restrictions he has placed upon him, 6 turns might be all you need in PvP :P certainly all you'll need in-game. When Star Fused, your appearance will take the shape of the Cross you're already in, with palette coloring and some physical traits of the soul you fused with.

Concluding... This was my attempt to bring in a different way of using the transformation system, to make them universally more fun and effective to use. Typical BN/SF games make many different types of transformations, however, only a small handful of them are actually worth using, it's a shame, really. Many characteristics of the transformation typically only entail effectiveness in the charge shot and +/- attribute. Since Battle Network 4, I always felt the characteristics of transformations needed to derive deeper into the concept of that form, powering up an element and dif charge shot just didn't really do enough, for me at least. I attempted to make these sets of transformations have a more diversified function and use, while trying to keep it balanced at the same time. I only made up 1 version's worth, if you like the idea and concept, I'll make an alternate version later. :P You can also submit your own ideas.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:38:05 PM
Not a bad idea, but this needs to go in the Fan Creations section. Also, your purple italic text burnt my retinas.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:41:02 PM

Offline megagodx

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 11:54:19 PM
Since I am new, I interpreted the fan section as art and other media lol. My apologies.

The horror!

Well, I found that Star Force 3 was a step in the right direction, as far as plot went. I also think that the Star Force series capitalizes more on character development than that of the Battle Network series. A 4th, and final installment, maybe, of the series would be nice to patch over any cliffhangers as far as character personality and development goes.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:00:12 AM
The third game was the final one.

Offline megagodx

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 12:12:26 AM
The third game was the final one.

Can you give me official citation of this claim? Also, even if that were true, suggestions like these still transcend to the other battle grid series that Capcom may develop for Mega Man games as well. Let's try to keep it relevant for now on please lol.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 12:16:30 AM
In this last installment of MegaMan Star Force

From the Megaman Knowledge Database. Also, I distinctly remember Capcom saying that SF3 was the series climax.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 01:07:16 AM
sounds good, then there'll be dozens of lame romance fanfics using "Star Cross'd lovers"

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 01:13:21 AM
How do you know they didn't mean it was the last one so far?  (And of course every game's going to be built up to be some big climax...)

Offline megagodx

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 01:25:04 AM
Well, there's always the crossover series then I guess, if SF is truly done with. We'll see how that eventually turns out.