*insert Josh Keaton videos reading Spiderman Memes here*

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1301 on: March 27, 2016, 05:06:13 AM
So, saw Batman vs Superman. I honestly liked it. It's not the absolute best movie ever or anything, but Affleck was really good at Bruce/Batman and Gal was great as Wonder Woman. I really do not feel it deserves the utter hate and vitriol that it's getting. Ah well, to each their own!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1302 on: March 27, 2016, 06:36:19 AM
I didn't hate the movie, but it was incredibly flawed. Flawed in the way that it was detracting from the film to me. The plot jumps from place to place, motivations are unfocused, and the actual conflict and resolution felt forced. And there's too much [parasitic bomb] crammed in. Not just Wonder Woman and Doomsday. The opening act dragged for so long. I can't believe they cut half an hour from this.

The only thing not spoilery that I absolutely hated was Jesse Eisenberg/Lex Luthor. His eccentricities were grating, his motivation was nonexistant, and he just didn't feel like a Lex Luthor character type.

The big spoilery stuff I hated is below:
[spoiler]-Batman killing people completely rescinds his moral standing. Who the hell are you to judge the aliens smashing skyscrapers? I too liked Ben Affleck in the role, but this Bruce is a [tornado fang]ing moron.
-The death of Superman was incredibly forced, unnecessary, and like half the Justice League stuff they crammed in, was done way too soon. Especially hinting that he's not actually dead just makes his sacrifice meaningless too.[/spoiler]

I didn't come out of the theater angry. Likely because I knew it was going to be messy from the get go. I did enjoy parts (the action, Affleck, Jeremy Irons), but I don't think I can say I enjoyed it as a whole. Man of Steel I came out of pretty happy. It was only in hindsight did I see that movie's flaws. BvS' problems were too forefront for me.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1303 on: March 27, 2016, 08:38:52 AM
For me, I thought it continued along with the Man of Steel theme quite well, IE, what would actually happen if a Superman appeared in the "real world" so to speak. The same themes of fear, worship, xenophobia, etc.

Eisenberg's Lex was a bit over the top with the "millennial" aspect of him, but I thought he captured the xenophobe/hatred of what Superman represents part of Lex pretty well.

[spoiler]-Regarding Batman killing people.
I understand people have a problem with this. However, it's not exactly the first time Batman has killed people in his movies. I mean, Burton's Batman most definitely killed people. So did Nolan's Batman. Literally, in the first movie, with Ra's Al Ghul. "I'm not going to kill you......but I don't have to save you!" He doesn't flat out kill him, but he still let him die. "Moral" Batman would always choose to save him, like he tried to do in The Animated Series after Ra's legit told him his plan to wipe out two billion lives. He does kill Talia in The Dark Knight Rises though.

-Haha, I will agree that trying to cram in the two most popular comics associated with Bats & Supes was kind of silly. However, the Justice League cameos didn't feel forced at all. They were brief snippet sightings of them and Wonder Woman was there trying to keep herself and the fact that she's been around for over 100 years a secret. It was way way way less forced and less offensive than what Age of Ultron did.[/spoiler]

Don't get me wrong. When it comes right down to it, I still prefer the DCAU or the CW DC universes sooooooo much more than this one. But for the take they were going with, I still enjoyed it.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1304 on: March 27, 2016, 09:27:38 AM
The movie gets a lot of unneeded vitriol, in my opinion.

[spoiler]What did you guys think of the Flash's appearance after the "Knightmare?"[/spoiler]

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1305 on: March 27, 2016, 09:33:52 AM
[spoiler]Haha, it was fine albeit kind of silly and pointless. I felt that was more "forced" than when Diana was watching the clips of all the metas.[/spoiler]

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1306 on: March 27, 2016, 10:02:25 AM
[spoiler]I wasn't even sure it was Flash at first. It felt really weird.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=PB]Fair enough on Batman killing before. But the hypocrisy still stands. And Batman using guns is another sin. Throwing people out of windows is one thing, spraying them with a machine gun is ridiculous.[/spoiler]

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1307 on: March 28, 2016, 09:14:22 AM
This movie was like a chicken without a head; it was all over the place.

It didn't really flow that well, and I felt they were cramming too many characters and scenes in here.

And as I suspected, Batman IS the best part of this movie. Him fighting the goons in the warehouse was goddamn perfect. Just like the Arkham games.

[spoiler]That being said, not only is Bats killing people, but he's USING GUNS? What a load of bullshit.

As for Lex, [tornado fang]ing hell is this little turd annoying. His over-the-top cartoony personality is extremely jarring with the overall dark atmosphere.

Also, why the hell would you introduce Jimmy Olsen just to immediately kill him off??? For those who didn't know, Jimmy was that undercover CIA dude with Lois.

He's supposed to be like a nerdy little brother to Lois and Superman's best friend, but in here, he's just some nobody. Another face in the crowd.

And the Parademons from Batman's dream... How does he know about their existence? Does he know about Darkseid? What was with the Flash communicating with him through his conscious? There are so many unanswered questions. What a poorly constructed movie this turned out to be.[/spoiler]

And, you know, for something advertised as a massive battle between Superman and Batman, their actual "fight" was more like 5 minutes of slow punches and kicks.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1308 on: April 11, 2016, 07:35:25 AM
http://youtu.be/5AwUdTIbA8I

This... could actually be good.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1309 on: April 11, 2016, 07:47:50 AM
What I like about it is that I really do not know what to expect from it.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1310 on: April 11, 2016, 08:25:22 AM
Yeah same.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1311 on: April 11, 2016, 08:40:03 AM
harley <3

but uh yeah, I was skeptical at first but I'm fairly intrigued now.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1312 on: April 13, 2016, 06:52:25 AM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcSki7r9cQ[/yt]

Woooooo!!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1313 on: April 13, 2016, 10:46:01 AM
I'm somewhat of a Cumberbitch, so this is definitely a must see, regardless if it's good or not.

And I've never once heard him attempt an American accent before. Should be interesting.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1314 on: April 13, 2016, 10:52:13 AM

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1315 on: April 13, 2016, 11:15:04 AM
Can't wait!

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1316 on: April 18, 2016, 09:06:45 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcSki7r9cQ[/yt]

Woooooo!!

Not as ampped for Doctor Strange to be honest. Looks interesting, but did not grab me with its Inception -like effects.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1317 on: May 16, 2016, 06:51:26 AM
I'm extremely surprised PB hasn't praised Civil War yet.

I'm going to watch it sometime this week.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1318 on: May 16, 2016, 06:52:09 AM
Still haven't watched Winter Soldier. Really gotta do that.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1319 on: May 16, 2016, 06:53:43 AM
Definitely do that, Winter Soldier is a massive turning point in the MCU.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1320 on: May 16, 2016, 08:16:59 PM
Oh yeah, I totally forgot.

Civil War was pretty good. Not as good as Winter Soldier, but still highly enjoyable. Black Panther was amazing and their Spider-Man was the best on-screen Spidey ever and it's not even close. While I do have certain issues with the movie, it's still an enjoyable romp!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1321 on: May 16, 2016, 08:29:08 PM
I'm curious as to what issues you had with it, honestly.

I loved it myself, best Spidey we've had yet (about time we had someone who was good as both Peter AND Spidey instead of one or the other) and Black Panther's role was perfect.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1322 on: May 16, 2016, 11:26:11 PM
[spoiler]For starters, Iron Man is the true villain in this movie. Everything he does is absolutely wrong and we can see it's wrong. From wanting to sign the accords to literally trying to kill Captain America, he's entirely wrong in the whole movie. Everything they mentioned for wanting the Avengers to be under UN control can be disproved with the obvious facts of the situation.

A. New York: Avengers form trying to stop an alien invasion when S.H.I.E.L.D. superiors' solution is to nuke the entire city.
B. Washington: S.H.I.E.L.D. & govt. gets taken over by Hydra, literally going to kill millions upon millions if Cap doesn't stop them.
C. Sokovia: Iron Man creates murderous A.I. program because he doesn't trust his team & is scared Avengers won't be enough.
D. Wakanda: Scarlet Witch accidentally kills people in building while trying to save Captain America and about 50-100 civilians around him & Crossbones at the time, while preventing him & his team from stealing a biological weapon.

Given all of those facts, plus the fact that Iron Man leaves the Avengers after AoU because of his dumbness, plus the fact that he helps form the Avengers specifically to be autonomous, specifically because of [parasitic bomb] like what happened in Avengers 1 & Winter Soldier, there's essentially no argument to why Cap is wrong. In the comic that Civil War is loosely based on, even that gives both sides a more legitimate argument than this movie does (and I HATE that comic).

Furthermore, Zemo setting this all up is really REALLY circumstantial and far-fetched. I don't mind, cause it's a comic book movie, but it's slightly ridiculous how he somehow knew that he could get the Avengers to fight, how he could get Iron Man to be at that base with Cap & Bucky, how he knew of Winter Soldier killing Stark's parents in the first place, how he got that Winter Soldier book with his activation code words, how he knew setting off that bomb would start all of this, and so on.[/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1323 on: May 16, 2016, 11:40:21 PM
Very valid points lol

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1324 on: May 21, 2016, 03:33:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvq3y8BhZ2s

*Edit* Youtube lin option seems to be messing up the link so I'll just leave the link as is.  O^O

New Star Trek Beyond Trailer dropped last night-waaaaay better than the first one.

Combined with some interviews we do know some new stuff about the film.

Kirk and the rest of crew are two years into their five year mission now and stop at space colony to get some much needed rest-the colony seems to be stationed on the edge of the frontier and acts as diplomatic hub for new races interested in learning about the federation.

The enterprise is attacked by the new baddie who apparently has some major grievance with the federation according to Simon Pegg, during the battle the enterprise Saucer is ripped from the ship and crash lands while the surviving crew make planet fall in escape pods on this unexplored world, most of the main bridge crew manage to meet up and team up with this new female character while they try and get this older federation starship up and running to escape (possibly to get help so they can rescue the rest of the captured crew?). Seems the Franklin might be a much older ship that was lost along time ago?

Being the giant nerd that I am I'd say the Franklin is from after Archer's era in Star Trek Enterprise but before The Kelvin from the first movie. Also going by that view screen at the front it is tiny-like barely half the size of the Enterprise Saucer. We do see a few scenes with it in the new trailer fighting off the drones (with it's smaller size maybe it can dodge them unlike the enterprise) and escaping the planet.

Either way looking forward to the movie-waaaay better than the first trailer either way, what a difference music can make.  XD