Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 393585

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #6925 on: September 11, 2018, 09:48:54 PM
Haku took a seat to listen in on the ramblings of copy-bots and such. To which she has no understanding of...

Haku - "Waifu..." she muttered through a fake smile, as if she remembers that word uttered from someone she knows.

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6926 on: September 11, 2018, 10:06:22 PM
"Their creator had to have give them a screwed up upbringing to have one not realize they were a robot, which unfortunately might be more common among those 'waifu bots' than Copy-Bot." Fugo replied.  "I remember Zeta mention Sakura was worried she could have caused a logic breakdown in Asch when she encountered him when she bluntly told him that 'He he failed his mission because he could never be anything like PB' but I think it was more she inadvertantly crushed whatever fake ego he had and realized she was right, hench why he decided to join the Resistance to learn more about himself so to speak....among other reasons mind you. 

As for going rougue, that can happen to any robot, Wily made or no, I mean that's why Maverick Hunters are kind of a thing."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6927 on: September 11, 2018, 10:25:03 PM
"Well yeah, I more meant if they have like a switch to go rogue to their creators will, or something. Doesnt seem too unthinkable considering wily's actions in the past."

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6928 on: September 11, 2018, 10:48:15 PM
Ammy's head snaps from one person to the next as more and more people join their congregation. He finally groans and yells out in frustration. "Can we just slow down a little?!" He points accusingly at Haku? "Who are you?!" Then at Touko. "Who're you?!" Then Kai. "And who the hell're you?!" He finally collapses to his knees. "Who the [tornado fang] am I?!"

A hard whack across the back of his head came from the prosthetic arm of Vieri. "Thou must forgive my subordinate." She bows to the group then drags Ammy around the corner of the van and dumps him there in a heap. Dusting herself off, she nods to Fugo in appreciation. "Pay him no mind. I am Knight-Captain Vieri Galestrider of Rino-Laska. Thou may address me as Captain Galestri-" She shot a guilty look at the boy behind the van. "Vieri."

She looked to Fugo once more. "Thou hast everything under control, I hope? Thou must inspect thine horseless carriage, for it seems to be riddled with traps." She huffed. "Regardless, thine introductions are all complete, I hope? Shalt we carry on?"

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #6929 on: September 11, 2018, 11:55:28 PM
At Touko's comment about rogue robots and potential killswitches, Kai and Ruby shared a look, and another silent conversation. Kai shifted slightly and adjusted his collar.

"I can't speak for every Wilybot, but Ruby at least is clear of any....malicious programming. I am certain of that. And, well....-" - he trailed off and stared at his hand for a moment, seemingly lost in thought - "-...you've nothing to fear from me."

When Vieri made herself known, he scanned her on reflex and found himself intrigued by her prosthetics, not that it showed on his face.

"I don't recognize that construction....and I've never heard of a place called "Rino Laska"...Huh..."

Ruby though, wasn't anywhere near as subtle and was staring with undisguised curiosity at Vieri's prosthetic arm, her eyes gleaming.

Ammy's breakdown and subsequent predicament never registered with either of them.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6930 on: September 12, 2018, 12:43:27 AM
Vieri took a cautious step back from Ruby, noting her mildly threatening look. "Ah, m-might ye have business with me?" Her good arm drifted to her hip, before she realized with a snap she left it in the car. "Ah, Fugo? This little one frightens me. Ammy? H-Help??"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6931 on: September 12, 2018, 01:02:18 AM
"Uh yeah Vieri is kind of jumpy because she was recently betrayed by her corrupt government covering up a conspiracy of some sort since Rino Laska is apparently magically hidden by some Magi-Tech or whatever and they kind of have a medieval life style and don't want to get any of the modern era in there.  I know kind of unbelieveable but that's Websitia for yah."  Fugo said scratching his head  "Oh and that guy who was freaking out is Ammy, he came to my shop looking for a part time job at my work place so I need to take him to my boss for an interview, but she kind of can't give it right now because she's in the middle of a battle in space and she's also the temporary leader of the Resistance.  He also has amnesia and is also kind of jumpy because apparently someone put a hit on him, though he's been kind of taking that suprisingly well.....quirks aside." 

He then walked over to Vieri to hopefully calm her down.

"Vieri it's okay, I'm sure Ruby means no harm she's just curious about that unique prostetic arm of yours.  These folks are kind of in a similar boat as you, they hadn't had contact with people so they may behave strange.  Actually my boss was kind of like that....still kind of is since she's only been socially acclimated for about 5 years." Fugo chuckled.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #6932 on: September 12, 2018, 01:27:32 AM
Fugo's mention of a space battle snapped Kai out of his musings on Vieri's prosthetics.

"A battle? This.....Resistance is actually fighting the Doctor's forces?"

He fell silent for a moment, weighing his options and earning a confused blink from Ruby as his side of their shared connection went dead. When Kai spoke again, he sounded as though he was carefully measuring every word that was coming out of his mouth.

"I may not have the full story, but from little I've seen here-" - he shot a pointed look at the ruins of the city - "- and what little I've been able to put together since meeting Ruby...."

He shifted to look Fugo in the eye.

"Where do I sign up?"

Ruby started at that, and actually stopped drooling over the possibilities that Vieri's arm might've presented to rush over and glare at him.

"You're going to fight the Doctor?! What...what about me? I can't fight my family!"

Kai responded by giving her an odd look, his expression unreadable. When he spoke again, his tone was flat, perhaps too much so.

"If it comes to that, and you want to go back....I won't stop you. But, I feel like I have to do this, Ruby. You won't talk me out of it, so don't try."

She huffed, and tried to reach out to him over the network again, only to be bounced back by some of the sturdiest and most intricate firewalls she'd ever seen (not that she had much to go on, but still...!). A look of hurt briefly flickered across her face, her cheery demeanour slipping as the she seemed to realise the implications of what he was saying. Closing her eyes, she stilled and looked oddly calm, and when she did re-open them and speak she was completely serious.

"I understand what you're saying, Kai. I don't want to fight the Doctor, or my family, but....I owe you for helping me, and these people-" - she swept a hand across the rest of the group - "-don't seem bad to me. What they're saying about the Doctor doesn't make sense, but....I can't just up and leave because things are getting hard. The most I can promise you for now is that until I can get both sides of this story, I won't pick a side at all. If you need my help, you'll have it, but I won't attack the Doctor's forces without a good reason."

Kai regarded her silently, seemingly taken aback by the sudden 180 in her personality, before nodding, his voice sounding almost....strained.

"I suppose that's the best I can ask. Thanks."

He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, re-opening his link to the network, and Ruby almost immediately perked up again, her smile returning. Turning to Fugo again, Kai addressed him once more.

"That's that, then. I'd like to offer my aid, if you'll have me. I promise I'll keep Ruby in line in the meantime. The Doctor won't learn about any of this if I have any say in the matter."

Ruby pouted again, but nudged him over the network to concede the point without being obvious about it. Just because there didn't appear to be any traces of bugs or other unwanted extras in her head, didn't mean there'd never be.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6933 on: September 12, 2018, 01:54:37 AM
"I'm sure they'd be glad to have you Kai." Fugo nodded "Since my boss is a mechanic who speciallizes in robotics and weapons she can probably update your armor so you're not fighting in worn out armor that'd be easy to compromise."

Fugo then looked toward the conflicted Ruby.

"And I understand your reluctance Ruby, in the past the Doc wasn't as dangerous, in fact he could be downright silly at times.  A lot of people in the Resistance used to consider him a friend, a.....kind of morally challenged and insane friend but a friend none the less.  In fact I remembered my boss mentioning that if he wasn't so crazy and abandoned his ambitions to conquered the world permenantly she could have considered him a surrogate grandpa.  But....after starting this war.....and the atrocities he's commited.....especially some very personal ones to her.....I think it's safe to say he burned that potential bridge, which I wouldn't be surprised she's more hurt about this than she let's on, despite keeping most people at an arm's length though according to her best friend she seems to be wanting to change that.....for various reasons.

So yeah get some info and make your own descision I'm sure Sakura would understand.  Your brother too, but it seems he hadn't really gotten to know the Doc too much since he was very quick to betray him.  I think his name was W2PB before he changed his name to Asch.  Don't blame him for that since that name kind of sucked."

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6934 on: September 12, 2018, 02:04:11 AM
"Well if its any consolation, I'm sure if Ruby can point out who's part of her family we might be able to avoid fighting them. Though part of me thinks they won't take it lightly that she's with us."

Touko tried to formulate some sort of plan of action.

"Worst case scenario, if a fight becomes unavoidable, non-lethality should be the goal. She's a kind girl, and I couldn't forgive myself if I brought despair to her life. Looks like she's already had a fair share of it."

"Though i'll be honest, that doctor has already probably been made aware of Ruby's presence here and has probably already found some way to convince her sisters to attack on sight. We'll have to be on our guard."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6935 on: September 12, 2018, 02:07:03 AM
"I hope not.....but I unfortunately wouldn't put it passed him either......or do something worse to them." Fugo sighed.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6936 on: September 12, 2018, 02:21:14 AM
Vieri crossed her arms. "Mine lords never encouraged restraint, merely not to point a blade at my own. However, I shalt act according to thine wishes for now." She crossed her arms. "Though this Wily fellow seems one I should run through without hesitation."

She knelt in front of Ruby. "It is the duty of a knight of Rino-Laska to serve the people. I shalt be thine protector, young one." She bowed her head.

Ammy hopped up from behind the van. "There's still the problem of we... Sort of have to get to space."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6937 on: September 12, 2018, 02:23:35 AM
"Yeah like I said before we can just teleport there, but it's too dangerous with the battle going on.  I mean we kind of don't want to get back with crap hitting sheilds and [parasitic bomb] blowing up right?" Fugo asked retorically.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6938 on: September 12, 2018, 02:25:39 AM
Ammy shrugged. "I wouldn't care either way, but I guess it could be a pain." He dropped his palm on the hood of the car a little hard, causing the alarm to go off. He didn't react. "There aren't any, I'unno, shuttles or anything like that? So we could get up there without having to worry about a teleporter room catching on fire? Maneuver ourselves past the battle?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6939 on: September 12, 2018, 02:30:37 AM
"I'm not much of a pilot unfortunately......I only really have some minor experience with Arwings but definitely not something more complex than that." Fugo sighed.  "Plus Wily kind of has a hard on for giant laser beams, bombs with huge explsion radiuses and massive amounts of missles, and that's definitely not something a single ship fit to carry this many people can dodge easily."

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6940 on: September 12, 2018, 02:36:57 AM
"I don't know about you but i'm definitely done with teleporting for a while. Having your molecules merged together through that method certainly makes it undesirable for the future."

Touko shuddered a bit, looking at her left arm in its concealed state.

"Plus I don't know what might happen to my body if I do that again. I might completely lose this arm or get partially un-merged... though I guess the old man had a bunch of strange crap lying in his lab, I'm pretty sure he had a pretty slick spaceship there."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6941 on: September 12, 2018, 02:39:19 AM
"Oh I see.....didn't think that teleporting would have an affect on your condition." Fugo pondered "Well if there's a ship can you pilot it?"

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6942 on: September 12, 2018, 02:49:06 AM
"Yeah, i've got lots of knowledge built in, piloting a ship shouldn't be too hard, and i'm pretty sure the old man set it up like a car so it should be pretty simple"

Touko had a positive look on her face as she mentioned her in-depth skills.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6943 on: September 12, 2018, 02:54:31 AM
"I don't think ships work like that......but I guess it's the only thing we got, and I'll be honest I was getting bored out of my mind driving aimlessly til Borock-bot gives me the all clear to go so I guess I'm up for a potential suicide mission." Fugo shrugged and finally turned off the car alarm "If you're driving I'll handle the onboard weapons systems, I think I'm at least confident enough that I can handle it.  Also Ammy I'm sorry to say but I think Touko should take shotgun now since she needs to give me directions."

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6944 on: September 12, 2018, 03:05:08 AM
"Oh its easy! Just go down the highway until you see the smoldering robot wreckage outside a big building with a tacky satellite dish, you have a GPS? I can set it up quickly if need be. I can find us the best route to get back up to safety too."

Touko lit up as she finally had the opportunity to help.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6945 on: September 12, 2018, 03:06:53 AM
"Works for me.....but uh yeah glad we got a GPS considering.....that kind of doesn't stick out as much anymore." Fugo replied gesturing all the wreckage around.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6946 on: September 12, 2018, 03:07:03 AM
Ammy groaned. "Wait, is there room for everyone? I'll ride on the roof!!" He pressed his face against the glass and sighed. "Never mind... We'll fit."

Vieri reached for the car door and stopped short. "Ah, mayhaps I'll pass on the restraint this time." She muttered as she took her previous seat, hugging her sword against herself.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6947 on: September 12, 2018, 03:10:28 AM
"Uh.....I know you were kind of struggling with the seatbelt and all but you should really put it on.  In the event we get into a car accident.....or worse, you'd go flying and become a bloody pancake splattered against some wall."  Fugo shuddered at the imagery he unfortunately brought up.

(Something something red asphalt something something)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6948 on: September 12, 2018, 03:22:46 AM
Vieri gulped and clicked in the seatbelt, eyes wide.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6949 on: September 12, 2018, 03:23:41 AM
"It is a van, right? everybody should fit. Though now I have to wonder if Ruby and Kai are coming with us."