Gaming and Movies: A relationship eternally doomed to fail?

Shiki Tohno · 8273

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 02:05:52 AM
Then umm.... atleast they didnt make : Megaman Starforce the movie

I mean... not like a one made with anime and stuff , i mean like a real life one

that would suck unless they used alot of $$$$ on it

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 02:06:19 AM
Well, a Kingdom Hearts movie can't hurt, as long as they are made by Disney, and it's animated which is based off the manga. :P

You know, since Kairi is one of the 7 Princesses of Heart along with all the other famous Disney princesses, I've always wondered if Disney was going to do a separate movie for her, one that, like the other princesses, has a story/movie that has absolutely nothing to do with KH.

And it could be about her pre-Destiny Islands.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 06:20:51 AM
You know, since Kairi is one of the 7 Princesses of Heart along with all the other famous Disney princesses, I've always wondered if Disney was going to do a separate movie for her, one that, like the other princesses, has a story/movie that has absolutely nothing to do with KH.

Yea, it will probably be a direct-to-DVD, IMAX or released for Disney channel release with Disney making Kairi even more of a Mary Sue than she already is and she will be most likely going out with a boy who is prince.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 06:59:37 AM
Then umm.... atleast they didnt make : Megaman Starforce the movie

I mean... not like a one made with anime and stuff , i mean like a real life one

that would suck unless they used alot of $$$$ on it

That movie would suck regardless of how much money you put into it. The series is pretty much a magical boy adventure with space aliens 'n [parasitic bomb].

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 06:31:45 PM
Magical boy?! Well, I guess I don't really know the difference between that and its predecessor.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 06:43:08 PM

*Points to manga release*

That movie would suck regardless of how much money you put into it. The series is pretty much a magical boy adventure with space aliens 'n [parasitic bomb].

Space aliens? It could have been a merging of the series into an OVA for pete's sake.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 10:56:52 AM
Magical boy?! Well, I guess I don't really know the difference between that and its predecessor.

What point does Lan literally merge with Mega Man in the game series? Hell, when they reached that point in the anime you could've slapped it being a magical boy, all that matters is how you end up calling something whatever genre it is at what point.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 04:39:48 PM
Oh Darth Maul.

As GothamAnswer puts it...
Rugal is a tall, gorgeous, sauve ass kicker who happens to be a God.

This man is not Rugal.

And Acid too...
No beard = No watch

Sorry. Rugal Bernstein is not Rugal Bernstein if Rugal Bernstein does not have a beard,

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 02:45:09 AM
I'd add psychotic to Rugal's description as well, doesn't he flash-freeze the people he beats in some kind of liquid metal stuff, turning them into statues?

The only question I have for the KoF movie is this: will it some how be worse than Dragonball Evolution? So far, it seems to be that way, since DB:E at least managed to make Goku and Piccolo SOMEWHAT representable in an actual real-life setting without going crazy. KoF? Good god, I don't recognize a soul in that picture ><

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 03:07:07 AM
Darth Maul as Iori Yagami? Iori is a badass but Maul was defeated by an attack he could have seen coming from a mile away and they cast him as Iori?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 04:19:56 AM
http://kotaku.com/5286754/king-of-fighters-movie-promotional-images

*facepalm* -AC

Rugal can still be saved if that's only how he looks until he obtains the Orochi power and goes Omega Rugal on everyone's asses and the transformation makes him look 100x more badass. He still randomly explodes during the battle as it should be.

Right? Right...? ;_;

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 07:57:16 AM
Rugal can still be saved if that's only how he looks until he obtains the Orochi power and goes Omega Rugal on everyone's asses and the transformation makes him look 100x more badass. He still randomly explodes during the battle as it should be.

Right? Right...? ;_;

Considering the plot, I don't even think the Orochi power will even exist. Hell, I'm willing to bet that it's the name of either the species of aliens that show up in the movie, or the bad guy causing all this [parasitic bomb] to happen. Seriously, it has constant warping of characters to alien worlds or some junk, and fighting aliens. I'm willing to bet that they'll actually make Rugal the leader of the good guys.

Darth Maul as Iori Yagami? Iori is a badass but Maul was defeated by an attack he could have seen coming from a mile away and they cast him as Iori?

That's not Iori, that's Rugal. Darth Maul is playing Rugal in this film.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 08:28:56 PM
Considering the plot, I don't even think the Orochi power will even exist. Hell, I'm willing to bet that it's the name of either the species of aliens that show up in the movie, or the bad guy causing all this [parasitic bomb] to happen. Seriously, it has constant warping of characters to alien worlds or some junk, and fighting aliens. I'm willing to bet that they'll actually make Rugal the leader of the good guys.

Sounds like a recipe for a sucky plot.

That's not Iori, that's Rugal. Darth Maul is playing Rugal in this film.

Still, Darth maul as Rugal? I hope he kicks all kinds of ass time and not have his ass handed to him in a pathetic way like in Episode 1!  B(