Stuck at a stand-still and wanting help

Pringer X · 8395

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: June 08, 2009, 07:01:03 AM
Ok, I've pretty much hit a wall in gaming and I need some help as to what to do about it. All that's really needed from the help is something productive, from a recommendation as to what to do about the game, or as far as getting a game goes (note: please do NOT suggest importing a title unless it's on the DS, I don't have a modded PS2 or Wii, I'm afraid to mod my Wii without having a second one for backup, and I don't know too many titles on the 360 that are japan-only titles that would interest me or even work on non-japanese systems (supposedly the 360 is partly non-region locked, certain titles work on systems from certain other countries)).

Games:
Phantom Brave-I'm stuck at trying to get the last two EX maps. I've gotten every extra character, weapon, and beaten every stage up to the final two with Baal and Pringer X. However, I can't freaking get a dungeon that has a low enough starting level with 99 floors without applying a title that powers them up and jumps their level up to 20-50.

God Hand- Stuck on the second-to-last stage, first area, and I can't get past the freaking giant horde of enemies. Any skill recommendations? I've gotten a good chunk of health power ups and the roulette abilities, but I'm talking about any particular attack I can put on the buttons themselves.

Shadow of the Colossus- 5th giant, the flying bird thing. I found out how to get on it, now the problem is having the patience to stab it. However, it doesn't seem as if I can just crawl along the wing and stab the weak points, I have to run across it, and I've only done it ONCE. Any suggestions that'd help me here?

Prince of Persia (360)-Just got done with the first area, and supposedly I need some ability in order to get past the first set of gates or whatever, but the seeds are all over the place. (for the record, I'm trying to go to the area that (on the map) is to the far left of things) Do I need those seeds or is there a path I missed at some point and I'm able to go further?

RE4- I can't find out where the !@#$ to go in the first area. It seems as if the line is straight and leads to instant-death. Is the path actually NOT obvious or what? (admittedly I got to the first save point and pretty much wandered around on for about 5 minutes, several times, but I only really remember one giant path, someone said something about going to another part of the town or whatever and continuing the game from there)

That's pretty much about it. The other game's I'm stuck on I really don't give two shits about, with only one of them being a puzzle game (which looking up a guide for or getting help pretty much defeats the purpose of it). So, any game recommendations for the Wii, 360, or PS2, or any tips as to how to get farther in the game?

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:56:59 AM
dump every one of those games and play okage

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:03:18 AM
RE4- I can't find out where the !@#$ to go in the first area.

how is this possible

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 09:46:53 AM

God Hand- Stuck on the second-to-last stage, first area, and I can't get past the freaking giant horde of enemies. Any skill recommendations? I've gotten a good chunk of health power ups and the roulette abilities, but I'm talking about any particular attack I can put on the buttons themselves.

Which area was that, again? By that I mean have you fought all four of the devas yet?

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:16:24 AM
dump every one of those games and play okage

Already beat it :P

how is this possible

It's been a long while since I played the game, so I'm recalling vague details. I may not remember seeing an obvious path, so if one's there, by all means let me know.

Which area was that, again? By that I mean have you fought all four of the devas yet?

It's the fight right after the fly guy, the demon leader. All that's left is Mr. Devil Hand. If it helps, a guy looking like Tiger Joe (or IS him) is right next to the gates in the second area of the first part of the stage.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:37:37 AM
Ah. That part. I was unlucky enough to get a Trident Demon spawning in that area.

I can't remember what moves I had exactly, but any of the Guardbreakers are useful, and I think I used some of the moves with high knockback (roundhouse kicks and the like) to clear the smaller enemies away whenever I needed breathing room. I think one of the enemies has a club, and there're plenty of boxes to use as ammunition. Your combo should be some quick hits finishing with something like a roundhouse or high-knockback haymaker.

Basically, I think I used hit-and-run tactics, like running kicks and such, before backing away to a (relatively unoccupied) corner and repeating. All else fails, bust out the God Hand.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:48:36 AM

Shadow of the Colossus- 5th giant, the flying bird thing. I found out how to get on it, now the problem is having the patience to stab it. However, it doesn't seem as if I can just crawl along the wing and stab the weak points, I have to run across it, and I've only done it ONCE. Any suggestions that'd help me here?

Well patience and timing is the key. You want to keep holding until the giant bird stop spinning.

Then you must hurry to stab the weak point one by one. If you're fast enough you could even run to the other side of the wing.

Remember to crawl and grab if the bird starts showing some eratic movement, never ever jump on the wing.

Patience is the key really. [spoiler]Oh and you need to go to the tail too.[/spoiler]

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 04:51:31 PM
Go play a Transformers game and try to beat it, I heard they are nearly unbeatable (for the life of me, I couldn't beat Transformers DS when I'm at the last part).

One more thing, remember to dodge when the thing's attacking.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 05:48:37 PM
Prince of Persia (360)-Just got done with the first area, and supposedly I need some ability in order to get past the first set of gates or whatever, but the seeds are all over the place. (for the record, I'm trying to go to the area that (on the map) is to the far left of things) Do I need those seeds or is there a path I missed at some point and I'm able to go further?
What do you mean by gate?

If its the area, yes, you need those seeds. Light seeds gives you power ups to the fertile ground on the area that it is glowing on the map. It depends on the power ups you're taking. For example, if you have the Step of Ormazd(Red) and the area your on is the Wing of Ormazd(yellow), you can't go to the fertile ground. You may skip an area by using another way. Make sure you select an area and use the magical glowing compass! ^^

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 06:13:04 PM
google it, kid.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 06:13:49 PM
google it, kid.

This or just simply try to find speedruns on Youtube, it's what they are there for.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 10:48:14 PM
Ah. That part. I was unlucky enough to get a Trident Demon spawning in that area.

Yeah, that thing showed up every time I cleared about half the enemies. I don't know who has it exactly, since it changed like three times.

Well patience and timing is the key. You want to keep holding until the giant bird stop spinning.

Then you must hurry to stab the weak point one by one. If you're fast enough you could even run to the other side of the wing.

Remember to crawl and grab if the bird starts showing some eratic movement, never ever jump on the wing.

how long does it take for it to stop spinning and stay level? I run out of stamina before I have a chance to do anything. I got to the tip of the wing once and that was hit, one attack later and I didn't have enough stamina to attack again.

Go play a Transformers game and try to beat it, I heard they are nearly unbeatable (for the life of me, I couldn't beat Transformers DS when I'm at the last part).

One more thing, remember to dodge when the thing's attacking.

Oh god >< My brother has one of the DS games and I have to wonder just what they were thinking with the levels. You're given a crappy vehicle and you're bombarded with [parasitic bomb] flying at you from every direction.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 12:55:43 AM
Well, if you're lacking in stamina. You could do it the long way.

Kill one weak point, then intentionally jump into water.

Regain any lost health and stamina then try to get up into the different wing next time. (I think you can stand on the left pedestal or right pedestal for diff wing side I forgot)

Don't worry, I took about 3-4 hours to defeat it the first time. It's ssooooo satisfying!

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 01:13:51 AM
Don't worry, I took about 3-4 hours to defeat it the first time. It's ssooooo satisfying!

good god o.o

I've always wondered, is it possible to kill a colossus WITHOUT hitting their weak point? I notice they take damage, just not as much. Do you have to finish them off at their weak points or can you just stay on one part and them repeatedly stab them somewhere?

EDIT:

I found out how to continue on in RE4. I either had to kill like 3 waves of zombies, or survive long enough for the damn bell to ring. Last time, I killed like one wave and the enemies kept coming, I figured that I had to go somewhere.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 02:48:31 AM
I've tried to kill them with explosive arrow before.

The answer is you can't, even if their health is just one tiny little bit left.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 02:56:58 AM
I've tried to kill them with explosive arrow before.

The answer is you can't, even if their health is just one tiny little bit left.

What explosive arrow?

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 02:59:10 AM
That's for the next playthrough. You don't have to think about it now.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 02:59:58 AM
That's for the next playthrough. You don't have to think about it now.

Sucks.

And now I'm stuck on RE4 AGAIN >< This time it's the [tornado fang]ing cabin you're in that gets bombarded with zombies and you have to last against so many of them. Long story short, I get more than enough ammo to handle it, but I hardly have any health, and thanks to the bastards APPEARING IN PLACES THEY SHOULDN'T BE, they end up behind me and kill me, and those damn parasite things don't help when they can hit you no matter where the hell you are!

Offline Luke

• Webhead
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 01:04:51 PM
Try using Flash Grenades against the Parasites, it should kill them in one hit, if I remember right...

Oh and also, I think you can push something against the window and / or door, so that the ganados can't come in for a period of time.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 02:08:19 PM
Try using Flash Grenades against the Parasites, it should kill them in one hit, if I remember right...

Oh and also, I think you can push something against the window and / or door, so that the ganados can't come in for a period of time.

That's correct. Flash grenades are a one-shot kill on exposed parasites (the exceptions being the bosses, natch).

And, there's a couple of cabinets you can use to block the downstairs windows.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 10:46:21 PM
I knew about the cabinet things, that's how I manage to get the items in the first place. I didn't know that the flash grenades killed the parasites though. Wish I had a couple more then instead of just the one at the cabin ><

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 11:03:07 PM
Spamming kicks works even better in the cabin than it usually does, so you can try that if you weren't already I guess.

What guns you using?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 01:14:49 AM
Primarily the shotgun, TMP, and Punisher. I got the stock for the TMP, but I hardly have any ammo for anything other than the Punisher. the TMP has less than 100, shotgun has less than 20, and I found out my rifle only has 6 shots TOTAL left, 5 in the gun and one round left. I only ever came across ammo for the handgun, since the shotgun ammo was few and far between, and the TMP even less so.

I haven't played the game since yesterday, so I'll give the flash bang and shin kicking a try.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36:16 AM
You should probably switch pistols when you get the chance. The punisher suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Just y'know letting you know that you're playing the game wrong. I'm helpful like that.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 02:33:46 AM
You should probably switch pistols when you get the chance. The punisher suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Just y'know letting you know that you're playing the game wrong. I'm helpful like that.

It was a free handgun that was stronger than the pistol you first start out with, and even came in the same size, I'm usin' it until I get the size upgrade so that I can replace it with the Red whatever and get the stock at the same time. Plus, at the moment, it has the fastest reload time and second largest capacity, so I'll gladly use it for the time being.

EDIT:

Got past that part. To be honest, it was luck. I managed to OHKO most of the things somehow (I don't know, two blasts from a shotgun killed a pre-parasite and parasite gara-whatever, even though that's never happened before), I got hella lucky with the grenades, and I guess Luis ACTUALLY had my back for once, I only had to heal once which was a grace. I kicked the ladders down as well, but the odd thing was, I'd be so heavily damaged from the enemies on the floor that the ones coming up on top would just finish me off, so every other time, knocking them down did squat (I also found out prior to that area, that it's possible to kill the little bastards just by constantly throwing the ladder down, since that's how I entertained myself before worrying about the area).