• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2626 on: December 06, 2012, 12:31:04 PM
Draw them 'stache-less!

wait that's still bad :\

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2627 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:16 PM
I should get you to draw my characters some time.  I get the feeling you'd draw them super cute.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2628 on: December 06, 2012, 07:15:00 PM
Well... Draw them pantless!
Oh god wait.
I didn't think that through properly...
Draw them shirtless!
X_X

Better yet, draw them as eagles.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2629 on: December 13, 2012, 05:05:43 PM
I should get you to draw my characters some time.  I get the feeling you'd draw them super cute.

I've still got some notebook pages left...

To clarify, Saku/Mephiles has a stitch in his side. He's not in very good shape.

Their original names have been lost to time--appropriate, as they are worshipers of the Time Eater. All that matters is that they carry out the will of their god; to get rid of their son in the process is not necessary, but something they would both look forward to.

Originally, StS!Silver's parents were assumed to be dead or simply absent; he was found and raised by the de Italias and never knew his biological parents.

Horologium--as Silver's mom and dad are collectively known--has a single body that can split in half if the need to arises; their original bodies may still be intact, but no one's in any hurry to find out for sure. Both have innate telekinesis, and the acquired ability to manipulate time--an ability they may have gotten the same way as Silver.

Horologium is extremely cold at best. Silver's dad is more outwardly emotional than his wife (as in, is still definitely capable of emotion); Silver's mom seems to have lost what little humanity (Mobianity?) she had in whatever pact the two made with the Time Eater. Whoever makes the plans tends to stay in the back as the other enforces them.

For their design, I looked to some old concepts of Silver's, and ~Higure-san's Timeman.EXE. Silver's dad is the one in front (based on an early concept).

Posted on: December 09, 2012, 07:32:25 PM

Two Adepts and a psychic chronomage--a force to be reckoned with on both Mobius and Sol, but they're only welcome in one dimension.

Why would Adepts get the short end of the stick on Sol? Blaze is a living inferno and the freaking Queen of Sol, yet she was constantly teased for her powers; IIRC, Marine was hiding her own powers for whatever reason (I haven't gotten all the Chaos/Sol Emeralds in Rush Adventure yet).

Adept powers on Mobius, though not quite a regular aspect of life, are welcomed and encouraged (even Dark, as long as you're not clownshit crazy). On Sol? Adepts are seen as pawns of the gods, at best, and the fact that the Queen is a Fire Adept is a subject of much controversy there.

As for Silver, chances are the general populace wouldn't know what to make of him (neither of his main powers are Adept-related), but would avoid him nonetheless.

Prismas and COPICs work fairly well on this one set of index cards of mine, but there was still a lot of cleanup to be done in Elements.

Obviously the above info only pertains to StS. I know that canonically, Blaze is a princess, but I prefer the idea of her being a Queen. And Silver's pose may seem kinda "eh", but I'd imagine that after meeting Horologium, he wouldn't be in the best mental state.

Posted on: December 11, 2012, 06:04:09 AM

Story here.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2630 on: December 13, 2012, 07:07:14 PM
I said it on dA and I'll say it here:
That.  Sweater.  owo <3

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2631 on: December 14, 2012, 10:09:57 PM
^^

Last Christmas, I got Jazwares's Big the Cat figure, and with him came Froggy. Big is in scale with the other Sonic figures (the 3-inch ones, at least), but Froggy...

Comparing him to my Sonic figure, Froggy's about the size he is in this pic. In other words, Frog McLargeHuge. It's been a while since I played Sonic Adventure, so maybe he's that large in-game, too.

Either way, Sonic Rose kinda regrets offering to look after Big's pal.

Almost everyone puts their own spin on Ashura at some point, and way back when, I had my own attempt (check my scraps). This would be take 2.

Ashura spends a lot of time in the water, which isn't too unusual as he's a Water Adept; his abilities thus far are fairly standard. What's worrying is his demeanor--specifically his complete lack of it. Sometimes he doesn't even seem to be aware that he exists. None of his neighbors are sure if it's a potential downside to being a Water Adept, or if he had a pre-existing disorder from before his powers materialized.

For my version, I made Ashura a bit furrier than normal hedgehogs (he was sorta based on an Indian long-eared hedgehog); the no-sense-of-self thing was derived from the fact that he's a glitch character (though he would probably be the only glitch character I'd do that to). As for the water powers, playing as him requires the generation of waterfalls whilst in debug mode.

Worked off-and-on this for a few days (sometimes whilst tired, and I think it shows). Largely an exercise of designing offspring that weren't clones of their parents (I'm giving you the stink-eye, pre-Flynn Archie-StH).

* Nails has an affinity for jewels like his mom, but he tends to enjoy the process of acquiring them more than the gems themselves. Has a bad habit of squeaking when he's surprised.

* Velia is the Princess of the Sol Dimension, but she's the daughter of an Adept and a psychic foreigner, and few people consider her "legitimate". Her frustrations over this have pushed her into looking into the King's old career as a Mafia enforcer for help...

* Stone and Maya are both potential guardians of the Rings of Order, and they take their duties very seriously (and occasionally butt heads with each other). Unfortunately, neither of them have the slightest clue on how to use Order Magic.

* Cross looks after the other kids in Knothole Village with his aunt's old baseball bat. As a good a job he does in keeping them out of harm's way, he tends to unnerve everyone's parents but his own.

* Taika, born and raised in Mercia, has an interest in magic and has been practicing it ever since she knew it existed. Her predictions need work, though.

NON-STANDARD SHIPS (for the most part) A-GO-GO

* Nails got his name from Rouge's old one. Despite the dark colouration, he really is Sonic's biological son; StS!Shadow is sterile.

* I think Velia's name means "concealed"? (Also forgot to clarify that StS!Silver is not from Sol or the future. He does move to Sol at some point, though)

* It didn't occur to me until later that, unless Maya has some manx DNA in her, it would be kinda difficult for a mammal and a monotreme to have kids.

* Seems Electra inherited her big brother's jacket.

* Taika's name means "spell/magic"; thought it was appropriate, since Amy has used Tarot cards in the past.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2632 on: December 15, 2012, 02:50:05 AM
Such a large frog... Such large frog... Legs... 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2633 on: December 17, 2012, 02:16:30 AM
I've never had frog legs before. XD;

ATTACK OF THE OLD ART

Doubts.
Saku Seeno's old design.
Elise and a guard.
All six Babylon Rogues.
Rogues again.
Windy Wallis.

About 90% Sonic, this one.

* Linnaeus and Tersius are villains (Big Bad and right-hand man, respectively) from a Sonic-related dream I had, involving the Original Freedom Fighters (Sally's group) and the Chaotix (minus Knux, apparently) teaming up. The former was originally a psychic humanoid alien with a huge forehead, the latter an echidna (Lien-Da was present).

* Long story short, the Avatars are people, all Adepts, selected by their element's Almighty Titan for a specific purpose (usually to take care of a massive threat). Many of the robes were derived from various fantasy designs found via Google (Monkey Khan's on Zeus); Sonic's robes' colours were tweaked so that they weren't so light blue.

* Adam's design was derived from the one he had when he possessed Tommy Turtle (or something); Mecha and Eve are mostly unchanged.

* Meant to base Amy's Mercian wear on Rob 'o the Hedge's, but I think I ultimately just winged it.

* Were-Sally becomes some sort of plant monster, with those mini-Audreys functioning as her hands; Were-Rouge is a vampire bat.

* The dresses Megawoman and Tempo are wearing can be seen here: [link] [link]

* As for Blaze's dress, it's difficult to fit all of its details onto a (comparatively) tiny Mobian body.

* I think Monarch was meant to be Blaze's spear counterpart.

* Alucion's gray metal bands and collar are a reference to the Gray (White) Emerald, which she was in possession of in her story.

* Princess Bee's design changed so drastically that it's hard to say she's the same character...but she wasn't really much of a character to begin with, I think.

* Scourge holding someone like that just...feels...wrong. Also, I forgot to colour in his gloves.

* Galle's attire was primarily based on Void's, with some influence from Sonic's alt outfits in SA2/B.

* Tried to give Sab a more SEGA-ish design without going too far off-base (not an easy task when most of the Fleetway designs are so un-Mobian).

* Next to Sab is 4-year-old Tails; the longer fur was based off a toy I got when I was a kid.

* Flare was one of the few StC-exclusive characters whose proportions were distinctly Mobian.

* I dunno if the guy next to Deputy Knux was an alternate version of Knuckles or a different character.

* I kinda ship StC!Sonic/Johnny, but at the same time, I don't wanna get too into it until I can find more basis for it. Johnny wasn't safe from Sonic's godawful attitude (though no one was, really).

* Matilda stares into your soul in hopes that you won't notice that I didn't connect her ear properly.

* A plotbunny I recently stumbled upon: 11-year-old Sonic (and Amy, and 4-year-old Tails) having an unpleasant encounter with UV NiGHTS.

* Elise the Cheetah didn't appear in any of *lupienne's fics, but from what I can tell, she was a magic user like Cass.

Posted on: December 15, 2012, 07:47:26 PM

Here's a pleasant thought: whose blood is that?

I believe this is the first time I've drawn Khorne the Hedgehog StC!Super Sonic (and if not, definitely the first time with him wearing that); here, he can be seen doing what he does best (being terrifying).

This was also where I learned that I'm not very good at rendering rain in SAI.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2634 on: December 17, 2012, 02:38:54 AM
Oh dear.  That's a lot of "crimson rain"...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2635 on: December 17, 2012, 01:43:55 PM
Indeed. D:

The fight for everlasting peace is a long one.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2636 on: December 18, 2012, 01:42:20 PM
For everlasting peace!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2637 on: December 18, 2012, 08:54:05 PM
Don't let the bastards keep you down, Rock!

So some MM concepts have been photographed for TMMN: [link] and I gotta say, I absolutely love Honeywoman's design; it was also nice to finally see what Oceanman looked like. So of course I had to draw them both (and give Honeywoman a flower-pick of doom).

Something I started work on a couple of months back and only semi-recently completed. 'twas helping Dad go through some stuff from his office that had been sitting in the garage, and one of the many things I held onto was a pile of obsolete business cards. They're good with ink and markers, as it turns out.

As many of the Sonic characters don't wear much clothes, I used my StS designs for everyone but Sally; Amy's StS dress was used over her game one for the sake of having Roll in a tie, I think. (Don't ask my why Bass got a red turtleneck if Rock and Proto went shirtless...)

Waluigi being in Bass and Shadow's group might be stretching it (and in hindsight, Bass might've been a better fit with Jet), but I don't know of anyone else in Mario who'd go there. Same goes for Daisy.

And as annoyed as Sonic looks by that hat, I think he'd actually be more put out by the fact that he's now wearing pants. Horrible thigh-destroying pants.

Redesign of Stream that was meant to be part of a finished pic. I still don't know what kind of bird he is; he still looks like a fusion of Storm and Bark to me, but I'm happy with his new look for now.

Stream got pants since neither Jet nor Storm wear them; the steel talons on his boots were derived from a concept of Jet's.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2638 on: December 19, 2012, 01:25:32 PM
I was kinda expecting Wario as Bass instead of Waluigi... XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2639 on: December 21, 2012, 04:58:13 AM
Well, Waluigi does have black overalls...

"Oh no, those pirates the aliens within the Twilight Cage were talking about are beaming aboard the Cyclone."

(Five seconds later)

"Oh no, their leader's hot."

Or maybe I was just quicker to take notice of him because he got a unique mugshot.

Actually drawing Nameless Pirate Captain was slightly harder than anticipated, due to the low-res reference on the Sonic wiki (though thankfully they had some better refs of the various Nocturnus mooks, such as the Praetorian that Nameless Pirate Captain appears as on the overworld and in battle).

I'd call him "Havoc", but I already gave that name to my angry dingo gal. "Lang" (in reference to the Genesis game "High Seas Havoc"/"Captain Lang"), maybe?

EDIT: Fixed massively broken post.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2640 on: December 21, 2012, 12:34:29 PM
PIRATES STOLE YOUR PIC!! D:

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2641 on: December 22, 2012, 02:34:40 AM
PIRATES STOLE YOUR PIC!! D:

More like pirates gave me too much grog. 'tis fixed now.

Posted on: December 21, 2012, 08:51:04 PM
Something done for a friend.

Hey, Gigawoman/Roll, scoot in closer.

It didn't take Shadow long to figure out why Rouge was suddenly so reluctant to hold her son.

Wasn't sure what mid-20s-30s Shadow's attire would be; tried to make his jacket a bit worn to indicate that he's had it for a while.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2642 on: December 22, 2012, 02:46:38 AM
Blueeeeee... Oh Rouge. XD

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2643 on: December 22, 2012, 03:23:09 AM
That was more or less my reaction to the latter picture.  So cute a shade of blue.  <3

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2644 on: December 24, 2012, 08:18:54 PM
^^

Semi-quick thing whipped up for the holidays, starring my OT3 wearing their Christmas outfits from SA2 (mostly; Sonic's worn his outside of that game, and I'm not sure if I got the details on Rouge's right. I did deliberately change her eye shadow from blue to green). Also tried shading with SAI's Crayon and Paper tools.

Merry Christmas, everyone who celebrates it!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2645 on: December 25, 2012, 05:13:15 AM
Yes Shadow... EMBRACE IT

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2646 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:23 AM
Hehe. XD

My arms don't QUITE feel like they've been stabbed with the devil's flaming pencil of the damned, but I still don't see myself getting much art done tomorrow. x.x

'tis both the Original Freedom Fighters (led by Sally Acorn) and the Neo Freedom Fighters (led by Sonic Rose); miraculously, I was able to fit both groups on the same sheet of paper.

* Of all the characters present, Dulcy probably underwent the most noticeable redesign: her proportions (which I might alter later?) are more humanoid, and she has clothes now. The muscles in her arms and legs are meant to be incredibly dense, allowing her to smash Badniks with ease--which unfortunately makes her a high-priority target.

* StS!Geoffrey's a wizard right off the bat. The plan is that he more-or-less invites himself into the Original FF, as he needs a place to stay with his master being indisposed. He frequently works with Dulcy and has a pet chimera-like Mobini, the Dove (from SatAM).

* Can you guess which issue of Archie-Sonic Bunnie's jacket comes from?

Some parallels I noticed about the FFs during the (fairly long) process of drawing this:

* Sonic and Sally = leaders (though Sonic shares that title with his sister).

* Amy and Geoffrey = mages (remember Amy's tarot deck?).

* Tails and Rotor = mechanics.

* Knux and Bunnie = heavy-hitters from a culture/location no one else in the group hails from.

* Shadow and Antoine = gunmen.

* Rouge and Mina = talents that are put to use outside of missions more often than during.

* Cream and Dulcy = Fire Adepts.

* Chris/"Kyo" and Nicole = odd one out (sole human, sole computer program).

* Cheese and the Dove = team pets. One is more likely than the other to tear your face off.

I plan on giving a copy of this (and maybe "Gals Bravo") to The Deep (our local/only comic book store); with any luck, they'll accept it (others have given them artwork before, usually to be put on the walls).

Posted on: December 26, 2012, 07:42:45 AM

Because I wanted an excuse to give someone ripped-up pants.

It was rather difficult to figure out what to do with StS!Julie-Su that wouldn't end up with her becoming redundant (Shade is also in StS, provided I can properly work Chronicles in). I think I've settled on something:

After years of being screwed around with by Kragok and Lien-Da--to put it mildly--plus witnessing and being forced to take part in the crimes against Mobius committed by the Dark Legion, Julie-Su decided it was time to give them all the single-finger salute. Before she departs for greener pastures (the Chaotic are looking like a viable option), she's going to leave her mark on the Legion, and it won't be easy for them to remove it.

Redesign-wise, the only other real changes besides pants were different gloves and a silver belt. Julie is also completely flat-chested, because (AFAIK) science says anthropomorphic monotremes shouldn't have visible/prominent boobs, and I do like some degree of biological accuracy in my anthros, be they Mobian or not. (If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll go back to my echidna gals not being flat-chested)

Posted on: December 28, 2012, 08:46:23 AM

I, like many people, was not fond of Archie-Sonic #134. However, it took my animosity a while to really sink in, because I really liked dysfunctional casts and this development seemed to fit that preference. (And I think I was more incensed at Bunnie and "Antoine"'s abrupt break-up. Though "bitter!'Twan" was okay) For a time, that moment stuck out to me more because of the nightmarish mood whiplash.

Not sure if I'd actually thought of this back then or if I'm just suffering from False Memory Syndrome, but I had wondered if something had happened to Sally during Sonic's unexpected tour of the stars to make her legitimately unstable. Not terribly so, just enough to PUBLICLY SMACK SONIC'S GODDAMN FACE OFF OVER A SLIGHT.

I mean, Antoine appeared to have drastically changed during that time, so it wouldn't have been much of a stretch to think that a similar/the same event left its mark on Sally, too, right? Surely that would've been a better explanation than "Karl Bollers had a brain fart"?

Image didn't come out quite as I imagined it, but I'm still happy with it. As for that pill bottle...maybe she's on meds, maybe it's just a metaphor.

Posted on: December 29, 2012, 08:41:49 AM

"Gotta maintain a schedule, remember?"

Yes, what happened last night is exactly what you think happened last night.

The goal was to draw something sexy without botching the emotional realism (a common failing I see in adult works); with any luck, I've succeeded.

Something I doodled a whiles back, mostly as an excuse for RS-Rock to be all adorably nervous.

(Large file; hit "Download".)

Behold, a(incredibly sloppy) list of what I think the robots from MMs1-9 look like without their helmets (minus Roll because I derped)! It would've been longer, but my motivation went kaput and I wanted to submit this before the year was out; perhaps I'll get around to MM10 and the other 'bots before long.

Quite a few of these are either borrowed from other artists or lifted from other MM series (mostly BN); they are marked as such.

I managed to complete this page before New Year's! Huzzah!

Protoman, you're enjoying your new Arms-flail way too much.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2647 on: December 30, 2012, 05:24:30 AM
Oh Rouge... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH ROUGE 8D

Also, I can sorta imagine some of those hairstyles on the RMs. Though... Seriously wanting to see Bass with ol' bathair. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2648 on: December 30, 2012, 05:37:28 AM
Did Rouge make Sonic sunnyside eggs and a Pop Tart?  8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2649 on: December 30, 2012, 06:09:49 AM
Did Rouge make Sonic sunnyside eggs and a Pop Tart?  8D

Yep. XD

I wonder if Shadow (not pictured, but part of the OT3) is the only one of them that can cook anything more complex than that. XD;